http://www.footballdatabase.com/worldrankings.php?Rnk=1

I just came across the world club rankings and was surprised the tims are 4 places above Rangers. How is that possible when we have a far better Euro record?

Looks like the yahoos got 89 points this season and we got 78. Also looks like we've won more and drawn more, but we have less points.

You sure this is about football?

Looks like the yahoos got 89 points this season and we got 78. Also looks like we've won more and drawn more, but we have less points.

You sure this is about football?

A job for Calscot he is the expert in these kind of things.

Is it possibly due to the fact that these rankings are just made up in someones head and bare no relevance to anything other than in this guys head. lol

In the real world, where it actually officially counts, we are 19 places higher than them.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2011.html

I think the other one is based on all games ever in Europe and there are points win,lose,draw, gf and ga. Whether it is his own points system or an official one I have no idea.

A job for Calscot he is the expert in these kind of things.

Don't know anything about these rankings - I used to be fairly up on UEFA rankings but only due to spending an inordinate amount of time studying Bert Kassies' site, while the press were totally clueless at the time. Thanks for the compliment though... :D

PS UEFA should pay Bert a goodly wage to put what he has on their official site; the guy is a total legend.

Not to steal Calscots thunder... but,

I had a wee look to see where these "rankings" come from... After a squint at their facebook page, apparently they use an ELO point system, which was initially developed by some dude to rank chess players. It has been adapted to be used for other sports (apparently) but it's all dependent on how games are weighted...

Complicated, and fairly arbitrary based on the weightings... which are not listed on the site. Nor is the how long these points last for, or whether there is a time factor like UEFA/Bert Kassies scoring system.

If anyone is THAT interested I suggest google... or I could hunt for the link again...