Honestly, the last 4 weeks has been the best football Ive seen from a Rangers team since Advocaats first 2 years.

I do not think its a coincidence that:

1) We have set out to WIN games

2) Have a settled team (no changes in 4 or 5 games)

3) Not just a settled team but players playing in their natural positions.

Ive always said if we play to our strengths then we are capable of blowing teams away.....the evidence of this is 5-0 at Fir park, 4-0 at tannadice, 5-1 at rugby park, 4-0 v Hearts.

Fair play to the team for spirit also, they dig deep and dragged out ugly wins at Hamilton, St Johnstone and Aberdeen before the good run began.

Its a bit like the 2003 team who scored over 100 goals from all over the place. Myself and Pete have always said this when Boyd was playing that we were capable of getting goals from all over rather than a slow poacher.

No Boyd = No Goals = No title = hahaha :grin:

From a personal point of view:

Allan Mcgregor...cant speak highly enough of him. this season Ive said he is in the top 5 keepers in the UK, i wouldnt swap him for any keeper in the Premier League in England. He is the most improved player in SPL history. Top man!

Kenny Miller - I was gutted Miller left in january. I was happy he signed 3 years ago much to some Bears dismae, but his work ethic and pace was always going to be an asset, he finally came good with his finishing this season and then we sold him. Kenny deserves a huge mention to this title...and he is still the SPL top scorer this season.

Jelavic - A Dado Prso in the making?? Thats a complement enough!

Vlad Weiss - Probably my fave player this year, I really liked him and the way he just gets the ball and has a go. He has caught the Rangers bug and I hope we get him signed up.

The Youngsters - Hutton, Ness, Wylde! Showing the likes of Fleck and Wilson how its done.....Brilliant contribution from these 3.

tbh Jelavic is probably better than Prso because he's younger, fitter, and has no ongoing injury problems.

If he stays long enough he could well surpass Prso in terms of pedigree for us.

Jelavic is the best striker we've had since Mols. I'm fully smitten. His subtlety of technique coupled with an acute awareness of those around him is something to behold. Wylde is just so refreshing the way he goes outside every time, never doubting his self like so many wingers who continually cut inside. His crossing is pretty special too.

Could we accommodate Weiss and Wylde in the same team? I've seen Weiss do some stuff with the ball at his feet that only the likes of Ronaldo can match but Wylde's sheer rawness of style makes him more effective. Aye? Naw?

Could we accommodate Weiss and Wylde in the same team? I've seen Weiss do some stuff with the ball at his feet that only the likes of Ronaldo can match but Wylde's sheer rawness of style makes him more effective. Aye? Naw?

We could mate, because Weiss is a right winger....WS played him on the left.

We could mate, because Weiss is a right winger....WS played him on the left.

Aye I'm aware of that mate but do you think 2 out and out wingers would work? We would surely need a proper holding player al la.....Gatusso lol..

He might have been playing LM this season, but I think Wylde could become an amazing LB if given the chance to work on his defensive game. If we were to get Weiss back I'd be happy to see us with Wylde and Weiss combining on the left. I don't agree that Weiss is purely a right winger because he did some amazing work for us on the left wing this season. He had assists and created chances that ended in goals as well as creating chances that we were unlucky not to score from. He scored himself and also had that amazing assist for Jelavic's goal in the league cup final. He did almost all of that from the left wing barring the game at firpark where he played through the middle behind the striker. Basically, I think Weiss can play in a number of positions - Left wing, right wing, attacking midfielder or supporting striker. A very versatile attack-minded player like Naismith.

Some stats

93 points from 30 wins and three draws

16 away wins from 19 matches

88 goals scored by Sir Walter Smith's side

29 goals conceded in 38 outings

4 hat-tricks - Kenny Miller (2), Nikica Jelavic, Kyle Lafferty

1 point between Rangers and the beasts from the east

10 league titles won by Sir Walter Smith as Rangers manager

3 SPL titles in a row for the Ibrox club

7 Clydesdale Bank Premier League crowns in total

41 age of Rangers skipper Sir David of Weir

5 defeats suffered - to Hibs, the beggars, Hearts, green and grey gargoyles and Dundee United

18 shut-outs for goalkeeper Allan McGregor

9 straight wins from the start of the season - a new SPL record

21 league goals scored in 18 games by SPL top scorer Kenny Miller before his move to Bursaspor

16 league goals scored by Nikica Jelavic in his first season after joining from Rapid Vienna

9 assists by on-loan Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss

5 games in which Rangers failed to score

7 away wins on the trot to finish the season

16 minutes played when Kenny Miller scored the first goal of the season against Kilmarnock

2 goals conceded in Rangers' last 10 SPL games

6 goals scored against Motherwell at Ibrox in February

I knlow you said "if given the chance to work on the defensive side of his game" Zappa, but defensively Wylde looks poor to me. He lacks the positional awareness to play the position effectively IMO. Could become better, agreed so I am being overly critical of him. He also isnt the tallest and doesntly look the most aggressive in the air - sadly, in the SPL, that would likely be used by other teams as our "achilles heel" - just look at WS... he played Lafferty wide right to take advantage of Izaguirre's lack of height, to decent effect.

The problem I would see with Weiss & Wylde patrolling the same side is that they obviously both like to get forward and Weiss, whilst he can track back, is not a strong tackler. We could be eaten alive if they both try to get forward at the same time and the ball breaks. That said, old-style wing backs used to work for us when we had the likes of Gary Stevens and David Robertson, who both liked to get forward and the midfielders in front of them did too.

I would like to see Wylde retain his spot at LM and would like to see Weiss get a shot on the right hand side. This would mean we would have to have a "Stuart McCall" in the middle of the pitch (McCulloch ??), although equally I wouldnt mind seeing Davis and Naismith paired in the CM positions. I know that the thought of Naismith at CM may have some thinking I am crazy but I think much of his best work is when he breaks beyond the forwards - he times his runs in a similar fashion to Durrant (not as good but a decent enough comparison) and that can hurt teams.

The downside to a midfield 4 of Wylde, Davis, Naismith and Weiss is the question of who does the donkey work.

One thing though, when you look at those 4 players (assuming we got Weiss back of course) is that our squad is thin but our quality is GOOD. We also have Edu (who seems to have recently re-discovered some form) as well as McCulloch who can play in there. Then we have the likes of Fleck who could play as an advanced CM and this isnt even considering Ness and, to a lesser extent, Hutton.

Our starting XI matches anything in the SPL (Obviously... because we are CHAMPIONS) so if we could retain most of those we currently have and add some quality additions I think we will be OK for next season.

Going through the positions....

Keeper - McGregor on a long term deal, yes please. Keep Alexander as a perfectly capable back-up

Defence - this is where we will need MAJOR surgery. I would actually retain Davie Weir if we can, but on the agreement he is a SQUAD player who can be called in if needed. Bougherra & Papac will probably leave so we need numbers there. Bartley would work if we can get him

Midfield - I think this is probably our strongest area in terms of numbers. Wouldnt mind a quality addition right enough.

Attack - Jelavic MUST STAY. Lafferty has hit form, but needs to do so at the START of the season. Naismith can be used in there too. Could be doing with an addition though.