Was there a defining moment?

It's easy to look back and say this and that, but I honestly believe Allan McGregor's save from Shirley was the defining moment of the season, and it won us the league. Yeah, you could say their loss at ICT, but had they beaten us that day, if my sums are correct, they could afford that defeat and still beat us on GD.

Might be wrong.

But nevertheless, that save brought out the biggest roar of my season - I celebrated it more than any goal we scored, that's how important it was.

Thoughts?

No doubt about it,there are many incidents throughout the season,but his save against the BHEASTS at the business end of the season allowed us to go on and win title #54. Still find it hard to believe he never got the POTY!!!!

For me, I include the scarpy wins at Hamilton, St Johnstone and Aberdeen. Hamilton away was 0-0 bar a quality piece of jelavic magic.

Individual class from McGregor and Jelavic probably won us the title.....2 players i wouldnt swap at all

I think yer maths are wrong Danny.

Had they beaten us that day we would have had one point less but they would have had 2 more. They would have won the league by 2 points, not GD.

Yes, McGregor's save was pivotal - aside from anything else, it assured that pressure remained on Celtic (as well as ourselves) to continue winning. Had we lost that OF game the pressure would have been largely removed from them and playing with a freedom to express would have meant they would have won the league... even if they did still lose in Inverness.

For me, I include the scarpy wins at Hamilton, St Johnstone and Aberdeen. Hamilton away was 0-0 bar a quality piece of jelavic magic.

Individual class from McGregor and Jelavic probably won us the title.....2 players i wouldnt swap at all

Whilst I agree with you we must also remember the contribution in the 1st half of the season from Kenny Miller. There were games which were won by his scoring prowess alone.

Everyone contributed but McGregor, Jelavic, Miller and Naismith deserve special mention IMO (and Davie Weir too to be fair - absolute ROCK in the final 10 games or so). But I HATE singling out any of our CHAMPIONS.

It was never a penalty in the first place and so justice was done through a magnificent MacGregor. If they had scored you could say the defining moment was a shit refereeing decision possibly due to the pressure Celtic FC put on the officials all season.

Don't forget the St Mirren game in Paisley which we only won 0-1 thanks to a Kyle Bartley goal.

McGregor has got to be one of the few keepers where you almost expect him to save a penalty. Everything about penalties (bar perhaps the pressure the striker faces) favours the forward. Watching that pen I was incredibly nervous, but once again and thanks to his magnificent record, I had a feeling he would stop it. At the time I didn't think it would matter though.

I hate the term "lost the league", it implies only that team was deserving but they threw it away.

The defining stat for me was the dropping of only 2pts in the last 10 games - and that ended up the minimum requirement to win the league.

That's an incredible achievement and showed us to be worthy winners.

The defining moment was the third goal at Rugby Park. Less than 7 minutes gone and the league was ours. That was better than anything Carlsberg could do...