Been racking my brain, but still can't remember the source BD. I'm sure I read about it in the winter of '09 when our financial problems were big news. Think he took a cut of 150 or 200 grand. You can find out I'm sure... ;)

Now that must have caused a tsunami in Scotland.;):D

CRAIG WHYTE came out fighting last night after being savaged by axed Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston.

US-based Johnston put the boot in after being removed from the Ibrox board on Tuesday and warned fans to keep a close eye on Whyte.

The new Rangers owner had refused to be drawn into responding to personal attacks - until now.

Whyte said: "I have been disappointed by some comments regarding the takeover made by former board members who are clearly reluctant to embrace change.

"I believe most Rangers supporters understand that, as a result of the takeover, the club's debt to the Lloyds Banking Group has been cleared and I have repeatedly stated to the board my intentions to invest in the team.

"I have had discussions with Ally McCoist regarding his ambition to secure players already playing for the club and also to bring new faces to the squad.

"These discussions will resume when Ally returns to Ibrox this week.

"These are exciting times for Rangers and the club's supporters.

"This past season's achievements were truly great and I am determined to continue that success for Rangers and our supporters around the world."

Rangers fans thought the takeover had been sealed and with the title secured it was plain sailing into the new season.

But just ten days after Gers' Three In A Row title party, Whyte has been forced to defend himself again.

Johnston, who left on Tuesday, led the independent five-man panel within the board which assessed Whyte's �£52.5million takeover.

They cast doubt over the extent of his investment, questioning if he had the cash to back new boss McCoist and Johnston's parting shot was to repeat those fears.

Whyte responded by assuring supporters that he DOES have the money.

He said: "It is a huge privilege and honour to have become the majority shareholder at Rangers.

"My commitment to take the club forward is unwavering and like all Rangers supporters I want to build on the tremendous success achieved by the team in recent years.

"It is not uncommon to bring fresh thinking to an organisation in an effort to deliver greater success and that is the fundamental reason that changes have been made to the composition of the board.

"Further board appointments will be announced in due course."

Meanwhile, Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain - suspended along with director of finance Donald McIntyre on Tuesday - is considering legal action against Whyte.

But Whyte said: "It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the suspensions of the chief executive and finance director at this time."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3601398/Whyte-blast-for-axed-Al.html#ixzz1NQFU6imr