RANGERS WON'T BAN ME, BOASTS CREEP - Exclusive - LEGGO

The point of 'disciplining' journalists (or their employer) is to stop/reduce the gratuitously negative stuff.

I don't think banning them would do that and would actually increase their profile as well.

Action short of a ban detailed by BD (I'm sure others could be equally imaginative) would not give them the increased notoriety of an outright ban while removing the same comforts they have now.

I dont understand the martyr argument. What will banning them lead to? Them writing negative stories about us? And that's differnet to now how? At least if they're banned the club aren't slapping the fans in the face by giving complimentary seats and access to the club we would die to have to these some arseholes who denigrate us at every opportunity.

The martyr argument seems to me to be a weak line to hide behind to justify no action at all.

Spiers does tweet along the lines of"I'll be in my usual seat At Ibrox tomorrow in the front row of the main stand above the dug outs" Which is pretty much the best seats in Ibrox. He says it to annoy Rangers fans.

It can be argued that banning them makes martyrs of them.

Perhaps we take a different approach. Don't allow them on the team plane for European games, don't answer their questions at press conferences and allocate them a different section at Ibrox for watching the games. Rather than being at the front of the main stand, we will allocate them some seats at the back of the Club Deck, where they don't get their HT pie and bovril.

Journalists have egos and this would hit them harder than being banned. They will be humiliated rather than claiming hero status, which they could if they were banned.

I like your idea of not answering their questions at press conferences the best because it could easily be an innocent mistake to just overlook them.

Regarding their seats at Ibrox; just moving one or two hacks to worse seats would give them ammunition to claim they were being targetted and it could end up having a similar effect to banning them. It would be nice for them to be humiliated like that, but it's not something that I can see working in the club's favour if individuals were singled out.

Something which would hit them where it hurts is to put a stop to exclusive interviews with the Chairman, management and players. That's something which the club is well within it's rights to be extremely selective about.

I dont understand the martyr argument. What will banning them lead to? Them writing negative stories about us? And that's differnet to now how? At least if they're banned the club aren't slapping the fans in the face by giving complimentary seats and access to the club we would die to have to these some arseholes who denigrate us at every opportunity.

The martyr argument seems to me to be a weak line to hide behind to justify no action at all.

By not banning them but humiliating them you stand a chance that they will reverse the trend of negativity towards Rangers because they can see they still have a chance.

By banning them they will never reverse that trend and, indeed, are more than likely to become even more vitriollic.

I am in the humiliate rather than ban camp.

Something which would hit them where it hurts is to put a stop to exclusive interviews with the Chairman, management and players. That's something which the club is well within it's rights to be extremely selective about.

That should happen as a matter of course. I'm always disappouinted when I hear the likes of Spiers saying he has talked to anyone at the club, or Radio Clyde featuring an hour's feature on Walter.

That should happen as a matter of course. I'm always disappouinted when I hear the likes of Spiers saying he has talked to anyone at the club, or Radio Clyde featuring an hour's feature on Walter.

It's something which has been dealt with very poorly. It's a kick in the teeth for fans when certain people manage to get exclusive interviews. Guys like Creep cosying up to and getting exclusive interviews with our ex-Chairman AJ was a real sickener. Hopefully Craig Whyte isn't as accommodating to the trouble makers. Then again, almost all of the Scottish football press pack can be trouble makers. It's what they get paid for.

Perhaps so, but still far more chance of it happening than if you ban them.

Either way they (the likes of Speirs etc) will write their lies, bs and nonsense. Why reward them with the best seats in the house and free food and drink. It's insulting to the fans. Ban him and fuck what he writes.

Either way they (the likes of Speirs etc) will write their lies, bs and nonsense. Why reward them with the best seats in the house and free food and drink. It's insulting to the fans. Ban him and fuck what he writes.

I agree with you Super, ban the rat and to hell with what he says. an example is called for and he is the prime candidate for it imho.