Scottish FA agree historic change

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1335&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=7920

The Scottish FA members have today unanimously agreed radical and historic change to the governance and structures of Scottish football.

All resolutions put before the AGM at Hampden today were accepted in full, including changes to the board structure, committee structure and the introduction of a new Judicial Panel to deal with all disciplinary matters.

Also voted through are Articles of Association which give greater protection and support to referees, empowering the Judicial Panel to sanction any public comments regarding referees and also to deal with any harassment of match officials.

It was also confirmed that the former vice president, Campbell Ogilvie, has been elected President, with Alan McRae elected first vice-president and Rod Petrie second vice-president.

Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan said: ââ?¬Å?This is truly a historic day for Scottish football and I am delighted that our members share our vision for the future.

ââ?¬Å?These are the most significant changes in the 138-year history of the Scottish FA. The decisions made today will allow us change and modernise the association in line with good business practice, and press ahead with our strategic plan.ââ?¬Â

Outgoing president George Peat said: ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m proud to leave my post as president of the Scottish FA on such a positive note. I commissioned Henry McLeishââ?¬â?¢s Review of Scottish Football because it was becoming increasingly apparent that our game had to modernise.

ââ?¬Å?Today, our members have demonstrated that they agree and are ready to work towards a brighter future for Scottish football.ââ?¬Â

The main changes accepted by the 93 members of the Scottish FA today are:

* The Board will be reduced from 11 to 7, incorporating an independent board member and becoming a more strategic, rather than representative, Board. The Board will focus on matters of corporate strategy and top-line decision-making

* The committee structure will be collapsed - including Disciplinary, General Purposes, Emergency - and an audit committee will be formed to ensure we act in line with best practice from a corporate governance perspective

* The Disciplinary Procedures will be rewritten and a new Judicial Panel will be convened, led by a new Compliance Officer, to deal expediently with all disciplinary matters across Scottish FA jurisdiction.

* This will be semi-autonomous from the Scottish FA for purposes of transparency

* The Articles of Association will be rewritten

* Two new operational Boards will be created underneath the main Board - the Professional Game Board and Non-Professional Game Board. This will enable greater efficiency of decision and allow those involved in Professional and Non-Professional game to focus solely on matters under their umbrella

* In four years time, the Second Vice Presidency role will disappear, replaced by a second independent Board member

The changes agreed today will form part of a new Scottish FA strategic plan: Scotland United - A 2020 Vision.

This will be founded on the following strategic pillars:

* Performance ââ?¬â?? with focus on elite talent and coaching development including National Teams qualification for major championships and world class coaching and refereeing

* Strong, Quality Growth - broadening the game at grassroots level across the spectrum of football, including referee recruitment

* Greater Financial Returns

* Trusted and Respected to Lead

It was also confirmed that the former vice president, Campbell Ogilvie, has been elected President, with Alan McRae elected first vice-president and Rod Petrie second vice-president.

Implosion! :cool:

Implosion! :cool:

You sure you spelled that right , is there not a "T" at the start of that word lol

So, the deck chairs on the Titanic have been shifted again. Real steps that could have been taken to improve the quality of the game in Scotland, starting with the children, have been ignored in favour of the usual 'let's look after No 1' . And I'll bet there are still people who wonder why we can no lobger produce players like we saw against Man Ure the other week? What, for example, is bing done to improve the skill levels of kids at grassroots level, because without this input, we might as well pack up now?

Guest Dutchy

I heard this reported on the radio and I thought it sounded quite good, but then again, that might have been becuase previous to the vote, the media were being very cynical. It's good that everyone agrees to change.

I particulary like the pre match comments by managers being curtailed.

I hope Ogilvie looks around his new office and makes sure there's no rugs beneath his feet!

He should invest in some counter surveillance equipment. A simple mobile scanner to sweep the office should suffice. ;)