McLeish resigns , Cuellar ???????

Sorry just checked again and there has been a later update that Rijkaard is denying it and saying he has had no contact with Villa.

Apologies but they were saying it was signed and sealed this afternoon and I have been out since then.

Sorry just checked again and there has been a later update that Rijkaard is denying it and saying he has had no contact with Villa.

Apologies but they were saying it was signed and sealed this afternoon and I have been out since then.

Cheers ears. Are you living in Holland? I lived in Dordrecht for 4 years

Cheers ears. Are you living in Holland? I lived in Dordrecht for 4 years

Yes I live in Hengelo in the east of Holland. I have been here for 31 years longer than I was in Britain.

Birmingham City have refused to accept Alex McLeish's resignation as manager and are seeking financial compensation, BBC Sport understands.

The Scot has been linked with a move to Aston Villa but Blues have received no official approach from Villa Park.

"Birmingham will hold McLeish to his contract unless a compensation payment is thrashed out," said BBC 5 live's Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy.

ALEX McLEISH'S CAREER

Continue reading the main story

Joined Aberden in 1976

Spent 15 years with the Dons, playing under Sir Alex Ferguson

Won 77 caps for Scotland

Managed Motherwell, Hibs and Rangers in Scotland

Guided Gers to domestic treble in 2003

Became Scotland manager in January 2007, beating France 1-0 in Paris later that year

Joined Birmingham in November 2007, saw them relegated in 2008 but brought them back at the first attempt

Guided Birmingham to Carling Cup triumph in February 2011, but Blues are relegated on final day of the season

Acting chairman Peter Pannu is meeting legal representatives on Monday.

Pannu has described McLeish's resignation, via email on Sunday, as "irresponsible".

The former Rangers manager has two-and-a-quarter years remaining on the contract he signed at St Andrew's in November 2007.

Pannu told the Daily Express: "He is still our contracted staff and Birmingham City FC does not grant him any right to speak to any outsiders until the matter is resolved.

"It's about time discipline is instilled into this game and I am not a person who gets pushed about."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13747057.stm

Seems fair enough. If managers can receive a huge pay off when they are dismissed due to their contract then it works both ways. He can't just expect to walk into another job without giving them compensation.