Gordon Smith Sporting Director?

He was absolute agony as CE of the SFA. I honestly do not know what I make of this appointment.

In all fairness Danny, he had a tough situation to deal with at the SFA. His boss was a trumpet and the Scotland manager he took the brunt of the responsibility for was a complete idiot. He had to try and deal with the 'boozegate' nonsense and he did a reasonably good job of it. You have to wonder if McGregor would have been able to return and get the No.1 spot if it hadn't been for the common sense and input of Gordon Smith. He was also absolutely hounded by the Scottish press and while he didn't always handle it perfectly, he was in some very difficult circumstances and handled them well for the most part.

If it's true, it'll be quite an interesting appointment.

Sorry old boy, can't agree with a word of that. He was a dithering wreck of a CE and should never have been given the job. I didn't see him handle ANYTHING remotely well while there.

Sorry old boy, can't agree with a word of that. He was a dithering wreck of a CE and should never have been given the job. I didn't see him handle ANYTHING remotely well while there.

We can agree to disagree mate, no problem on that front. ;)

What I will say in response is that I'd rather Smith had remained at the SFA than Regan taking over, but that's not really all that relevant to how Smith will work for Rangers. His weak points won't be as easily exploited since the role should mainly be more behind the scenes rather being a face and a fall guy for an incompetant SFA like he was.

Welcome to Rangers, Gordon Smith. Looks like Ali Russell will be joining you upstairs.

Am also told Bougherra will be sold as bids are about to be made for Cuellar and Bartley. May be up to seven new players signed.

Exciting stuff if it comes off!

Welcome to Rangers, Gordon Smith. Looks like Ali Russell will be joining you upstairs.

Am also told Bougherra will be sold as bids are about to be made for Cuellar and Bartley. May be up to seven new players signed.

Exciting stuff if it comes off!

Correct me if I'm wrong here Frankie, but does 'up to seven new players signed' not mean somewhere between 1 and 7... ? Just a thought mate. ;)