Great news for 'Gers fans - Blackburn want Edu

He's been one of our best players for a few seasons and we shouldn't sell him on the cheap.

I think you posted this for a reaction. And you got one from the inimitable Gazza.

Yet again some are far far far too quick to write of a young player , like every young player he is inconsistent but he has shown that with the right players around him he is very effective . But patience and Rangers fans dont go hand in hand

I wouldn't say 3 years is too quick. He was very good during the run in of 52, but otherwise he's been average at best and I think he's had enough chances.

He's been one of our best players for a few seasons and we shouldn't sell him on the cheap.

He was absolutely pish last year. Horrid, our worst player of the season. And I say that as someone who had high hopes for him and defended him when he saw a drop in form.

No danger has he been one of our best players for a few seasons. He has been here for the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons. He only came in late in the inistial campaign and did do very well, but only played at the back end of the season, he played 12 games in a 38 league game that season. We won the league and, whilst he played his part, he couldnt be considered one of our best players that season, he missed 26 games. 2009/10 OK, he did well. 2010/11 he was DIRE.

You give him more credit than he deserves Zappa...

Yet again some are far far far too quick to write of a young player , like every young player he is inconsistent but he has shown that with the right players around him he is very effective . But patience and Rangers fans dont go hand in hand

He is now 25, too old to be called a youngster.

A 25 yr old who is an established international and been playing at RFC for 4 years should not be as inconsistent as Edu is.

He also should understand by now how little time you have on the ball - yet he constantly gets caught in possession.

"With the right players around him" is a term which, to me, is a cop-out for someone who cant cut it. He shouldnt need "the right players" around him to make him better - he should be holding his own on his own merits without requiring a better standard of player around him.

Barry Ferguson, in his first stint, looked a quality player even when he had dross playing beside him. Edu doesnt have that ability to look good with dross round him. THAT is the sign of a good player.

I wouldn't say 3 years is too quick. He was very good during the run in of 52, but otherwise he's been average at best and I think he's had enough chances.

Same can be said with Lafferty. He's had more chances than..........than, than Edu!

It's amazing that with a team of pish , dire players we constantly do well , I can go back to before the NIAR teamand the same arguements were being trotted out about players back then .

Lets face it we play football completely the wrong way , its all about rush rush rush , we are never happy as a support and when players who we cant wait to get rid of , actually make it elsewhere , we start bleating about them .

For example last year at various times , Whittaker was pish , Weir was past it , Bougherra should be sold , Papac wasn,t worth a new contract , Davis was crap , Jig should never wear a Rangers shirt again , Weiss was a waste of space , Lafferty was all of the above , Naismith would never fulfill his potential , blah blah blah blah

CHAMPIONS

Edited by rbr