Rangers have decided to ditch their weekly magazine format for a new monthly publication. Pic: �© SNS Group

Rangers have announced that their weekly Rangers News publication is to be replaced with a new 96-page monthly magazine as of July 8.

The club say that the move away from a weekly magazine ââ?¬â?? which has been printed for over 40 years - reflects the fast-moving media landscape and insist that the decision is not cost-orientated.

The first issue will feature interviews with new manager Ally McCoist, Gordon Smith and Ali Russell. Celtic now remain the only SPL club to publish an official magazine every week.

A statement on Rangers.co.uk read: ââ?¬Å?The sports media landscape has changed and the club feels the time is right to move in a new, dynamic direction.ââ?¬Â

Making the official Website more hip may also help.

Our official site is poor from what I have seen from other club's. That said, I think the Rangerstv.tv site is actually pretty good with a lot of good content and coverage - if you have the time to view it all...

Well, sincerely I hope the proposed new monthly affair includes four pages of pet dogs, cats, hamsters, ...................... and Yahoos wearing Rangers scarfs and tammies? Oh, and a double page correspondence presentation; lot's of inane letters about how nutricious the Ibrox pies are, and stating the Bovril is a true panacea.

More 'hip' in what sort of way pete?

I just think it looks so outdated and the news is sometimes quicker in the media than on the OS. Maybe a chat possibility to keep bears on the site.

I just think it looks so outdated and the news is sometimes quicker in the media than on the OS. Maybe a chat possibility to keep bears on the site.

If they put any sort of chat facility on the official site I think it would very quickly be infested with bheasts and would be difficult to control mate.

The Rangers News possibly has ran its course. I used to love picking it up in the late 80s when it was in a newspaper format. Then in the early to mid 90s it was cracking in the Mag format but I stopped buying it around 95 / 96 and barely seen it since.

I'm pretty sure it stopped for a while when there was a "Rangers Monthly" that ran for about 2 years... I think I had (and still have) almost every edition! Not the worst idea getting rid of the news, since half of the news is discussed to death online before any print has a shot at publishing it! Monthly magazine can be a little more selective, a bit like a sunday edition of a paper...