Cuellar offer accepted?

Either that or the whole thing is a lie and that he's not joining us...

That's the feeling I had with the Boyd to Brum deal that didn't happen (I bet money that it wouldn't happen after the bid had supposedly been accepted and against all odds I was right) and I sort of feel the same about this one simply because Eck is involved again. FWIW I'll be over the moon if we sign Cuellar, but I'm extremely sceptical about it.

Carlos Cuellar will hold talks with Rangers in the coming days, after Aston Villa accepted a transfer bid from the Ibrox club.

A reported fee of �£2 million has been agreed between the two sides, leaving Cuellar to decide whether he wants to return to Scotland three years after departing for the English Premier League.

Cuellar is understood to be earning Ã?£40,000 per week at Villa Park, a wage which wouldn't be on offer at Rangers. But, speaking to STV on Friday, his agent Pedro Bravo wouldn’t be drawn on whether the player’s salary would prove a stumbling block.

“I believe Aston Villa and Rangers have agreed a fee over Carlos Cuellar,” Bravo told STV. “Now I and Carlos need to speak to Rangers, but that is all I want to say.”

Cuellar is currently injured and, speaking on his Twitter account this week, said he hoped to be running within the next two weeks after visiting a doctor in London.

The defender left Rangers for the English Premier League in August 2008, heading south in a deal worth �£7.8 million after just one season in the Scottish Premier League.

Cuellar, who turns 30 in August, was a key figure in the Rangers backline as they reached the 2008 UEFA Cup final, making 65 appearances in the 2007/08 season.

Rangers have until 11pm on Thursday, July 21 to register players to be eligible for their Champions League third qualifying round tie against either Malmo FF or HB Torshavn.

Sorry posted this in rumours too. I'm a wee bit over excited.

When he's prading around with a Rangers shirt on, I'll woppee, until then, wait and see

If you're not even a little excited at confirmation that we've had a bid accepted for The King there's something wrong with you!

From a spanish website

Carlos Cuellar, who currently plays for Aston Villa, were about to reject his move to Glasgow Rangers for the next season to return to La Liga, which have several offers, one from Espanyol. The Aston Villa and would have accepted a firm offer from the Scottish team that has already played for the 2007-08 season but the player prefers to return to Spain rather than return to the Scottish League. The choices the player in La Liga would especially Villarreal and Espanyol, the club may already have resumed negotiations after a first contact that occurred during the month of April. The player that exploded in Madrid Osasuna under the tutelage of Aguirre would be one of the club's blue and white to enhance the rear addition to the previously announced addition of Hector Moreno

If Carlos Cuellar leaves Villa only to join some Spanish side I may officially hate him. Once again a footballer will have lied to the press about something then done something completely different. Which is his right.

But it's like Hemed - stop espousing the brilliance of a club only to join another one. Stop the bullshit.