Cuellar offer accepted?

Carlos Cuellar will hold talks with Rangers in the coming days, after Aston Villa accepted a transfer bid from the Ibrox club.

A reported fee of �£2 million has been agreed between the two sides, leaving Cuellar to decide whether he wants to return to Scotland three years after departing for the English Premier League.

Cuellar’s agent, Pedro Bravo, confirmed to STV on Friday the possibility of his client moving back to Rangers was now open but wouldn’t be drawn on whether the player’s salary would be a stumbling block.

“I believe Aston Villa and Rangers have agreed a fee over Carlos Cuellar,” Bravo told STV. “Now I and Carlos need to speak to Rangers, but that is all I want to say.”

Cuellar is currently injured and, speaking on his Twitter account this week, said he hoped to be running within the next two weeks after visiting a doctor in London.

The defender left Rangers for the English Premier League in August 2008, heading south in a deal worth �£7.8 million after just one season in the Scottish Premier League.

Cuellar, who turns 30 in August, was a key figure in the Rangers backline as they reached the 2008 UEFA Cup final, making 65 appearances in the 2007/08 season.

Rangers have until 11pm on Thursday, July 21 to register players to be eligible for their Champions League third qualifying round tie against either Malmo FF or HB Torshavn.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/262607-carlos-cuellar-to-hold-talks-over-rangers-return/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

From the STV website

At last, stv runs this now ...

Carlos Cuellar will hold talks with Rangers in the coming days, after Aston Villa accepted a transfer bid from the Ibrox club.

A reported fee of �£2 million has been agreed between the two sides, leaving Cuellar to decide whether he wants to return to Scotland three years after departing for the English Premier League.

Cuellar’s agent, Pedro Bravo, confirmed to STV on Friday the possibility of his client moving back to Rangers was now open but wouldn’t be drawn on whether the player’s salary would be a stumbling block.

“I believe Aston Villa and Rangers have agreed a fee over Carlos Cuellar,” Bravo told STV. “Now I and Carlos need to speak to Rangers, but that is all I want to say.”

Cuellar is currently injured and, speaking on his Twitter account this week, said he hoped to be running within the next two weeks after visiting a doctor in London.

The defender left Rangers for the English Premier League in August 2008, heading south in a deal worth �£7.8 million after just one season in the Scottish Premier League.

Cuellar, who turns 30 in August, was a key figure in the Rangers backline as they reached the 2008 UEFA Cup final, making 65 appearances in the 2007/08 season.

He can't run just yet. Well well. At least Miller and Davidson could do that :D

Last week you were saying it's a 7/8 year rebuild. Well, at least it's coming down and not going up!

Too get to being able to play in the transfer market, yes. But to get comfortable and make serious bids for the level we are at now, 3/4 years

I was worried earlier on when it was still only Traynor who had reported it in the record without any quotes, but now that STV have done some work and got a quote from Cuellar's agent then at least we know it's not a wind-up. There's still the big issue of wages though. I'll wait till he's officially signed according to Rangers and we see photos of him holding a Rangers top with his name on it... :thup:

Could easily have been villa or the agent...

I doubt it would be Villa, but if it was there's only one man at Villa that would give an exclusive to Traynor and that's Eck. Can't see it though because Villa fans don't want Cuellar sold for �£2m. Meanwhile... Gers fans are getting jittery about the lack of transfers and Traynor gets the exclusive that Villa have accepted the offer of �£2m. Still sounds a bit fishy if you ask me, but the quotes from his agent apparently back up the Record's exclusive despite the same agent saying previously that we couldn't afford his wages and that he'd be staying at Villa.....

Nothing Rangers related in the latest @Cuellar24 blog. Cards being played well by our Spanish chum!

Sorry I haven�´t said nothing for a while but I have been busy getting recovered from my injury, it has been so intense I didn�´t notice how time flies. The recovery is going well better than expected, a few days ago I had a scanner and the surgeon told me everything was fine.

I�´m feeling better day by day, more agile, I have improved the movements with the knee, which encourage me to work harder to get fit soon again. Even next week I�´ll be treated by my physio. Everyone is asking when I�´ll be back, I reckon by middle August if everything goes well. I�´m really looking forward to it, after a summer without holidays.

I have seen loads of photos from friends having fun on holidays, well here in Birmingham we didnÃ?´t have that hot in fact itÃ?´s been cloudy most of the time. Sunny spells but not for longer such a pity although I have been well accompanied and celebrate birthdays. In the other hand the day that Fabian Delph, Brad Guzan the Doctor and me travelled to London wasnÃ?´t the best day ever. In our way back the train stopped suddenly and we were told someone at the platform was hit and sadly died we were just stunned. The service was suspended and we had to take a taxi instead. None of us had had a situation like that before. Terrible… thatÃ?´s why you always have to stay positive and enjoy every moment. I promise IÃ?´ll do it and I tell you here….

http://cuellar24.com/index-en.php