Are you happy Sir David of Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?

Are you happy Sir David of Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Sir David of Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?

• Fuckin' dancer!
    • Christ naw!
    • Hmmmmm, time will tell.

Guest Dutchy

I'm very unhappy. As far as I'm concerned this is a disater waiting to happen.

And why all the talk about Weir not playing every game? Was it not Weir himself that said as long as he played in every game, there was less chance of him becoming 'stiff'???

So he needs to play always, according to himself!!!

Guest Dutchy

I'm very unhappy. As far as I'm concerned this is a disater waiting to happen.

And why all the talk about Weir not playing every game? Was it not Weir himself that said as long as he played in every game, there was less chance of him becoming 'stiff'???

So he needs to play always, according to himself!!!

I cant see him becoming a worse player over the summer break, if anything the rest will make him better for the start of the new season. If we get Cuellar back then he wont be ready until September so having Weir step in until then is a clever move.

I agree that he shouldnt be first choice if Cuellar and Bougherra are fit, but i dont think we can underestimate how much he adds around the place. It will also be interesting to see how others play without him as they have all shone when partnering him. Perhaps he can mould Broadfoot a bit more also.

How good would it be going into the season with our squad showing: Cuellar, Bougherra, Weir and Bartley as our options in defence.

I won't deny he's been a great captain and did have a good end to the season, but has it been forgotten how off the pace he looked for a lot of last season? Especially - but not only - in Europe, he struggled to get to the ball in time and gave away far to many silly, needless free kicks and I can't see his ability to get to the ball ahead of a striker improving over the summer. For times last year, it seemed our whole gameplan was set up around getting Weir in the team and protecting him. As Gisabeer said, he should have bowed out on a high.