Are you happy Sir David of Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?

Are you happy Sir David of Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Sir David of Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?

• Fuckin' dancer!
    • Christ naw!
    • Hmmmmm, time will tell.

If we sign Cuellar and Bartley I doubt whether Weir will be a 1st choice and I think he knows this but he's absolutely good enough to play in the SPL when called upon.

If we don't sign Cuellar and Bartley and Weir has to play in just about every game, then I'll have no issues with it. He's quality.

So, are you happy Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?

PS Sorry Danny for nicking your poll. ;)

I don't want him playing every game but you could count on 2 fingers the number of errors Weir made that contributed to goals against us last season IMO. Cuellar - if we get him - and Bougherra - if he stays - would be my first choice centre pairing. I'd like to see Davie given a coaching role too. Time will tell as the poll says!!!!

No disrespect to Davie Weir, I admire the guy for what he has done at the club and has served us great as a defender but I just feel he won't get as many games this season as he did last.

Which is why we need to have a decent size squad and Weir is the best defender in the SPL. If he plays as back up then we have a quality player to bring in should we get a couple of injuries.

If we sign Cuellar and Bartley I doubt whether Weir will be a 1st choice and I think he knows this but he's absolutely good enough to play in the SPL when called upon.

If we don't sign Cuellar and Bartley and Weir has to play in just about every game, then I'll have no issues with it. He's quality.

So, are you happy Weir has signed a 1 year contract extension?

PS Sorry Danny for nicking your poll. ;)

:D I did say I couldn't be arsed starting it ;)

In answer, I'd politely say naw.