Lessons today for Ally

1. McCulloch and Edu cannot play together in the centre of the park. Slower than a week in the jail. Its got to be Davis and either one of them.

2. Kirk Broadfoot is a bombscare in the centre of defence. A central defender has to be brought in quickly. Thank God Davie Weir is back on Tues night.

3. The high ball up to big Jelavic has to stop. The big man's greatest asset is when the ball is played into his feet. The amount of times we saw a number of players punting the ball up to him was infuriating.

Why was Ally up in the stands? I thought he would have been on the touchline rather than following on from what Walter did.

I agree with everything you say though, Broadfoot and first team football pfft. Whittaker wasn't great at all either should have swaped those 2 around imo.

We also need quicker delivery from Juanmo. Jelavic is 10% sharper than most defenders, but that's lost when everything is delayed.

My one consolation is that Ally saw what was wrong and fixed it. I just don't think we have enough quality to guarantee a goal, even when the tactics are broadly ok.

He is doing his job up there, which is watching the flow of the game, tactics, formations etc.

I fail to see why we should be getting on his case about it when it is blatantly obvious you get a far better view of proceedings from the stands.

Guest Dutchy
He is doing his job up there, which is watching the flow of the game, tactics, formations etc.

I fail to see why we should be getting on his case about it when it is blatantly obvious you get a far better view of proceedings from the stands.

I disagree, he'd be far more influencial in the dug out, but that's just a diffierence of opinion.

I disagree, he'd be far more influencial in the dug out, but that's just a diffierence of opinion.

How would he be far more influential on the touchline ? If he sees the game better in the stand (something which is indisputable in my opinion, having sat at touchline level and up in the stands) and sees something he doesn't like then it takes him less than a minute to get from stand to dugout.

He is, in my opinion, far more likely to be influential being in the stand.

The only thing he can do on the touchline that he can't from the stand is convey instructions, but being less than a minute away in the stands that doesn't really matter. But being able to get a good vantage point of the proceedings can ONLY be done from the stands.

Which makes the stands more important than being on the touchline, again in my opinion

Guest Dutchy

Well that's just a diffirence of opinion. If mangers are banned from the dug out they whine and greet, I'd rather see our manager, especially one such as Ally to be close to the action. It seems to be casting a distance betwwen him and the team, but as I say, it just my opinion.

I didn't even like Walter sitting in the stand either.

Well that's just a diffirence of opinion. If mangers are banned from the dug out they whine and greet, I'd rather see our manager, especially one such as Ally to be close to the action. It seems to be casting a distance betwwen him and the team, but as I say, it just my opinion.

I didn't even like Walter sitting in the stand either.

And of course you are entitled to your opinion.

A manager gets close enough to his players in training and during the week. In my opinion

Guest mccoist9

Agree with points 1 and 2 100%.

It seems likely that we'll get a centre-half in before we face Malmo but, given what's at stake, we can't afford to play him so hopefully Weir will return on Tuesday night.

Also have to say that Jelavic isn't suited to being the lone front man. Although we improved second half when Naismith went to right mid and Davis moved into the middle, we need to get a partner for the big man and stick with the 4-4-2 that we played in the last five or so matches of last season. The pacey approach that tore teams apart was conspicuous by its absence today.

With Lafferty not back until at least the end of September that means we need to spend money getting one in.