Five at the back, I expect to see Davis on tge right with Naismith on the left, this is a game against a mid-table Swedish side who, I'm betting dont have a spine as strong as mcgregor, bougherra, Davis and jelavic. To say I'm disappointed with the formation is an understatement. Ally could have sent out a team to really make a statement, instead I'm left wondering when exactly Sir Walter is actually retiring.

With that line-up we really need Whittaker and Wallace to attack them, stretch their defense and cause them damage in the wide areas. That could create some good chances for us and it basically changes from a 5-3-2 to a 3-5-2 and vice versa very quickly.

Guest Dutchy

I'm happy that Whittaker will be surging forward as I've seen him, I'm excited to see in Wallace can fit into this sysem as well. This could be good and I'm becoming more confident by the minute.

My brother predicted that we splashed the cash on Wallace before our CL signing deadline specifically so that we could play this formation with Wallace basically doing what Foster did for us in the CL last season.

My brother predicted that we splashed the cash on Wallace before our CL signing deadline specifically so that we could play this formation with Wallace basically doing what Foster did for us in the CL last season.

Your brother is correct. Whittaker and Wallace are ideal for these games.

Would have played Ortiz and either Edu or McCulloch, not both. But that was not going to happen. We've got enough pace for counter attacks as well as covering the 3 defenders, so it is sure something new. And as has been said, Whittaker and Wallace are suited to such a tactic too.