The problem is that Whyte won't know whether we're out of Europe or not until sometime between the 23rd and 25th of August. If we stay in the Champions League then he'll know on the 23rd or 24th, but if we drop into the Europa League play-off round the 2nd leg isn't until the 25th. The financial difference between having 6 European group stage games and not having them is absolutely massive.

Welcome to Gersnet btw!

Sorry don't buy that, he has a decision to make or did have before our European fate was and is known, or does he only back Ally if we attain the CL, if so it raises questions as to the funds available for transfers. Are they reliant on CL money and not guaranteed by Whyte, as he previously claimed.

I think it's fairly obvious that budgets are affected by massive differences in income and incredibly naive to think otherwise. We already have cumulative commitments and offers in excess of the �£5M guaranteed so what's the problem there?

That guarantee is an artificial situation in any case. We need to spend what is needed to put together a decent squad and at the same time balance the books and keep the debt down, and so value for money is also very important. The actual number of pounds we spend should be as a result of that, not the diving force. When you tell people they have to spend a certain amount in a hurry, they rarely spend it wisely.

So what is the solution Danny? Not having a go just asking what can be done that Ally is not already doing? What can be done to prevent us losing?

Honestly? I've hinted at it already - bring in Wilkins as assistant manager and put Durrant back to the reserves or whatever he was and McDowall back to first team coach. That's one solution. Another is make substitutions rather than standing looking aimlessly. Wylde may well have made a difference, and Healy could have been given a shout. A third idea is not to start with alien formations in Europe that the team is unfamiliar with. 3-5-2 when we've never played it before in a vital match was dangerous. A fourth is to completely drop Davie Weir so we have pace at the back.

It's very easy for us fans to have a go from outside, every player/manager is a risk and every player/manager won't be a success and we won't win the league every year.

I hate to break it to you, but us not winning the league isn't acceptable. I know winning every year isn't going to happen, but there's not one fan or player or manager associated with the club who is ever happy for us to be second.

I agree with the point about the midfield Edu and Jig doesn't work need Davis in there with a new signing beside him but overall nothing much has changed apart from the run in last season we struggled mcgregor this season same as last kept us in a lot of games. Difference this season is the front men are missing chances they should score with their eyes closed if we had taken the chances we made against hearts and malmo we would have won both games so am not that concerned if we don't get to the CL then we don't the world won't stop and we get a crack at the europa league our true level IMO

Honestly? I've hinted at it already - bring in Wilkins as assistant manager and put Durrant back to the reserves or whatever he was and McDowall back to first team coach. That's one solution. Another is make substitutions rather than standing looking aimlessly. Wylde may well have made a difference, and Healy could have been given a shout. A third idea is not to start with alien formations in Europe that the team is unfamiliar with. 3-5-2 when we've never played it before in a vital match was dangerous. A fourth is to completely drop Davie Weir so we have pace at the back.

So say we get Wilkins in (which I like the idea off BTW) and it doesn't work out any better, what then? It might not look like Ally is interested but he will be hurting bad inside, but I would trust Ally's footballing judgement every day over you or anyone else say on here (except maybe Frankie :) ), but that doesn't mean you are wrong either just my opinion. We have played that formation before in europe so I don't where you get that from? And again IMO Davie Weir is still our best defender, I would drop any of the others before I would drop him regardless of his present age. Boogie is a liabilty and doesn't give a toss and this shows the way he is playing, the sooner he leaves the better, �£3m take it now please!

I hate to break it to you, but us not winning the league isn't acceptable. I know winning every year isn't going to happen, but there's not one fan or player or manager associated with the club who is ever happy for us to be second.

You are right not winning the league is not acceptable and no fan should be happy with 2nd place but it does happen and will happen for as long as the club is alive as we have no devine right to win any trophy but when it happens it's meltdown time and the fallout from a lot of fans is a 100 times worse than it really is maybe more. Look at the fans reaction so far this season after a few games :disgusted: