I am now changing my mind and am a concerned Bear.

Unless and until Ally sees that Edu & McCulloch playing together will NEVER work then we are in trouble.

The pre-season didnt concern me, seriously it didnt. The Hearts game didnt overly concern me either as the 2nd half performance was decent enough.

But some of those performances tonight in a critical game bordered on the amateur, they really did.

We are in for a long season unless we can ditch both McCulloch AND Edu !! They arent the only ones !!

I totally agree , they are too simillar and it's like playing with a man down , he even put Edu wide right , thats just not fair on Edu or Whittaker , who had no out ball , why he never put Ortiz wide right and brought on Wylde is beyond me .

Another thing , why resign Healy , nothing against the guy but why waste wages on him

I'll be concerned while Whittaker, Edu and McCulloch are playing in the same team. McCoist shouldnt be afraid to drop any one of them, they should realise no player is bigger than the club and get a boot up the ass. Broadfoot, Hutton and Healy all should be in for them in the next game, allowing Naismith to RM and Davis in the centre.

I am now changing my mind and am a concerned Bear.

Same here Craig.

Unless and until Ally sees that Edu & McCulloch playing together will NEVER work then we are in trouble.

I've NEVER thought either of them are good enough players to play for Rangers. I've said this for the past couple of years and people keep saying 'Jig has been our best midfielder' or 'Edu has loads of potential', 'he's a confidence player' etc etc yada yada. To me, neither of them are good football players. I'll praise them if they have a good game because I'm fair like that, but I also like to say what I think and I think that pair aren't good enough to play for us.

We are in for a long season unless we can ditch both McCulloch AND Edu !! They arent the only ones !!

If it had been up to me, Jig wouldn't have got as long a contract extension if he'd even got one at all. He's signed up for another couple of seasons now, so that's that, but since he's here for a while, to my mind he wouldn't/shouldn't be a first pick starter even in the SPL.

With Mo Edu I just don't know what to say except that he's fucking amazing and someone should buy him from us.

It's going to be a long long season folks, we can't continue to play in the matter that we have found ourselves in! I'm really concerned and ally must drop the pals act with the players and drop a few who fail to turn up in important games! This really can't go on! :(

Not wanting to rain on the misery parade (though maybe that'd be appropriate) but look back to Lennon's first few games in which entirely the same thing happened, and we were rejoicing (sort of). McCoist doesn't have great options, and has been caught out first by a decent Hearts side and then by a decent team midway through their season. While there are - as everyone has pointed out - clear and dodgy signs, it's not completely panic stations yet. McCoist didn't seem very animated and somewhat resigned - that worries me most. Knowing what to say to the press and what to say to the players is a different skill. Here's hoping he has it.

Dunno. I have been around since 1983 as a Bear, even from the days behind the Berlin Wall. And never ever have I experienced a mass hysteria like what has transpired since last night, not least on FF. Simple and utter madness, two games into a season that started on July 23rd. The dignity that the club and its support carried as a standard have apparently long since gone. At least from the supporters' part. Maybe the disfunctional reality perception syndrome, oh so evident with the hooped horrors last season, was contagious after all ...

I've kept fairly quiet during our start to the season. It's been quite deliberate. I wanted to get at least a couple of competitive matches in before I made any sweeping comments.

First off, fair play to those who are now starting to show concern - I had certain feelings that some people (no one in particular) might stick blindly behind the team and manager saying we'd get there and give them time. So kudos for rightly showing some worry given the fare we've been privileged to witness.

There's a tsunami of observations about this season I could make but I'm not going to go that far. I'll try and keep it reasonably brief.

Walter Smith, domestically (and even in Europe at times) worked absolute miracles with a truly dire squad. I said it at the time, many of us, previously myself included, took this marquee manager for granted. He was a much better manager than we could actually afford, and it was only for his love of the club that we resigned him, at which point he fixed the PLG shambles and made us champions. Ally has hit the nail on the head - it's like taking the microphone from Sinatra. In his case, he's struggling to hold it, never mind sing into it. He's on his own with frankly a very poor assistant staff, and he seems to be trying to copy Walter as much as he can, but without having the managerial knowledge yet to do it properly. His judgement has been off key so far - no one can fathom the Whittaker episode, many are disappointed to see Weir continue as playing staff, and while we can praise the fiscal responsibility the club is now showing in the transfer market, it's meant Ally's missed out on a shitload of decent new players and the squad has essentially remained more or less as it was last year.

I don't want to be too hard on Ally or the squad, but neither factor is having a positive influence on the first team at the moment. From a million dire individual displays on the pitch, to Ally's confusing refusal to sub on Wylde or even Healy last night and insistence on playing the likes of Edu, nothing much is really happening in this regime which gives room for optimism.

I don't want to make any crass judgements that Ally won't turn it around, and that the squad won't start playing, but the signs in every match bar maybe Blackpool have been that this squad is running on empty and Ally doesn't really have any fresh ideas to give it oxygen.

Not wanting to rain on the misery parade (though maybe that'd be appropriate) but look back to Lennon's first few games in which entirely the same thing happened, and we were rejoicing (sort of). .

Indeed, I have been thinking back to this myself. It took him a few months then he really got to grips with the squad. And then became a force to be reckoned with. But that said he had a shitload of new players to gel. Ally doesn't have that luxury. He's basically working with the same squad that's been going for 4 years. Which is fine when we're talking about a great squad full of class players. But we don't have that. We have some top players like Naismith (albeit he's been poor so far this term), Jelavic (struggling with poor service), McGregor and Davis but far too many average players and below average players.

I'd have compared the 2 regimes more explicitly had Ally made like 5 or 6 signings which went straight into the first team.