Bougherra and Ramadan

Rumour has it that his religion and beliefs will no longer matter to us anyway given he's apparently off to Qatar for 3M.

I'm sure someone else can address your post more relevantly as well :)

Ramadan starts today and as it falls in summer, makes fasting during daylight hours even longer.

Does Boogie get dispensation when he's training or playing to take on water to stop him dehydrating or is it quite strict?

They are allowed to drink water - it's just foods which are not allowed during fasting times.

Funnily enough I was watching a Michael Palin programme on TV last night. He was in Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. His tour guide in Algeria was saying that he doesn't drink or eat ANYTHING during Ramadan. He said that nothing touches his lips during dayliht hours.

I don't know if that's the rule for all or a stance he chose to take.

I was told in London last month that apparently if someone who should be observing Ramadan is travelling on business then they dont need to observe it. Apparently many Muslims travel to London for the Ramadan period on "business" such that they dont have to observe it.

Could be that Bougherra doesnt have to observe it.

Not sure of the veracity of the story though