This whole notion that we are making Whittaker a "scapegoat"is, in my opinion, utter bullshit.

Lok at the facts.

1st game - SOLD the jerseys, gifting Malmo the all important crucial away goal. Also played shite - but to be fair, like the majority of his team-mates

2nd game - lasted 18 minutes. That's right, 18 minutes, barely enough time to warm up.... before being sent off for childish petulance.

So..... can someone please explain to me how the above would suggest that he is being made a scapegoat ? Because it is clear to me that rather than being a scapegoat, he is GUILTY as charged.

People are entitled to their opinions mate I agree he hasn't lived up to expecations

I just don't agree with making him the scape goat it happens all too often at Ibrox when a player s lacking form and we the fans get on their backs Adam and Edu classic examples it does nothing for the players and IMO leads to more poor performances as they are terrified of making more mistakes

I think you're still missing the point that what Whittaker did was nothing to with form or even football. It was about unnecessary violence which he was rightly punished for and Rangers an all the fans suffered for it, not just for the game, not just for the European season, but the financial repercussions for the future success of the team are huge.

I think you're still missing the point that what Whittaker did was nothing to with form or even football. It was about unnecessary violence which he was rightly punished for and Rangers an all the fans suffered for it, not just for the game, not just for the European season, but the financial repercussions for the future success of the team are huge.

I'm not missing the point mate

I have said what he did was wrong and there is no excuse for it he should be punished and rightly so my only concern is however when he does play again be it next week or a few months that people will constantly get on his back and that won't help us in long run as imo he is a confidence player.

This whole notion that we are making Whittaker a "scapegoat"is, in my opinion, utter bullshit.

Lok at the facts.

1st game - SOLD the jerseys, gifting Malmo the all important crucial away goal. Also played shite - but to be fair, like the majority of his team-mates

2nd game - lasted 18 minutes. That's right, 18 minutes, barely enough time to warm up.... before being sent off for childish petulance.

So..... can someone please explain to me how the above would suggest that he is being made a scapegoat ? Because it is clear to me that rather than being a scapegoat, he is GUILTY as charged.

Yes what he did was wrong and costly and rightly he should be fined and dropped

Scapegoat perhaps wrong wording then

whipping boy more suitable term and by that I mean how long will he be slated for it is it going to be every time he does something wrong or misplaces a pass ?.

We all know at times it is easy for fans to get on certain players backs and imo that won't benefit our team in long run as our squad is already threadbare and having a player scared to try anything when on pitch won't help.

Guest Dutchy

He's made a terrible mistake and I'm sure he realises that more than anyone, but I don't see any point of not playing him again. We've got Goran and now Bartley in the team, surely he's more suited to playing in midfield. That's were he does his best work and I'd rather see him play there than in defense.

We don't know if McGregor or Davis rejected offers, or how their agents negotiated. We also don't know the level of the offers made to each and how satisfactory or otherwise the offers were.

Surely we know they didn't reject offers because nothing was reported to that effect?

I'm not missing the point mate

I have said what he did was wrong and there is no excuse for it he should be punished and rightly so my only concern is however when he does play again be it next week or a few months that people will constantly get on his back and that won't help us in long run as imo he is a confidence player.

I think rather than erroneously dropping him or punishing him, I think most would prefer if he had a good hard think about himself and hopefully learn some deep life lesson that vastly improves his attitude as a professional footballer.

At the moment he deserves to be dropped as he's contributed less than he's detracted from the team lately. Broadfoot certainly deserves a place more than Whittaker right now.

I think rather than erroneously dropping him or punishing him, I think most would prefer if he had a good hard think about himself and hopefully learn some deep life lesson that vastly improves his attitude as a professional footballer.

At the moment he deserves to be dropped as he's contributed less than he's detracted from the team lately. Broadfoot certainly deserves a place more than Whittaker right now.

Completely agree. Broadfoot, lest we forget, until he got injured provided as much and probably more than Whittaker from the RB position - so much so that when Whittaker himself was injured and Broadfoot came in we didnt notice Whittaker was missing.

Broadfoot is a better defender than Whittaker (although would never want KB at CB) and he also is keen to get forward and does an OK job with that too, though not quite as good as Whittaker - I also think KB has a better engine than Whittaker.

Guest Dutchy

No. I don't think Whittaker should be dropped. I wouldn't play him in defence, but give him a midfield role, maybe from the bench, but despite his mistakes, he's a more important player than some seem to think so.

Things will change for him.