We know he's one of the club's best paid players. Only someone with their head in the sand would think otherwise after he rejected about 4 contract extensions before being given more or less what he wanted.

I know you're trying to be awkward with your second sentence, to somehow defend Whittaker's new deal by showing I can't give the exact details. Or are you also going to say we don't know for sure McGregor is the best paid player at around �£25k?

I'm not trying to be awkward Danny. I just don't see how we can even form an opinion on what he's getting paid never mind complain about it, if we don't actually know what he's getting paid.... McGregor's wage has nothing to do with Whittaker's because McGregor is the best 'keeper in Scotland and one of the best in the UK, so he's easily worth whatever we're paying him.

Been away all week...but when i heard the news I was just angry for the fact ive been telling everyone this guy has been a liability for ages. I am still stunned mCcoist wanted him long term....eh? Surely common sense has gone from football. Ricky Foster is 10 times the player.

I'll never boo a Gers player but i wish this guy a lengthy spell on the bench.

He is a favourite of AM and was of WS....fuck knows why, he has always been a bombscare bar 1 out of 10 games where he will attempt a Maradona run....

Bring back Gary Bollan long before playing this clown again. In fact Bring back Boyd well before Whittaker, at least Boyd has comittiment.

Is McCoist scared of changing things?? Get Edu and McCulloch to fuck, they are awful together.

Guest Dutchy

It's true what they say: Football is a game of opinions.

The general opinion of Whittaker is that he's all of a sudden become a shite player. Unfortunately, I don't hold with this view and will be shouting about all my previous posts in the future when he makes a winning goal, pass or tackle.

The last option being the less likely ha ha ha.

Guest Dutchy
He has never been great. He has gone through some decent spells but has rarely if ever been MOTM. I used to rate him quite highly, and I even thought last season he was overall one of our better performers, as I detailed on here, but the contract shambles followed by his form have left an indellible mark against his name.

This season he has been probably worse than many of us make out, and deserves to sit on the bench. But given his wages (yes Zappa, I'm mentioning them again) he will probably still start every match. You rarely bench your highest paid players. Unless you're Man City.

It's all about language on these sites, that's why I don't get involved too much in these arguments. For instance, at no point have I claimed that Whittaker is/was great. I'm the first to moan about a player that is not up to standard, or my standards as the case me be, and that's why I'd like to see the back of Edu. Even if he has done one important thing in a game, there's many were he's done SFA.

I remember Edu scoring a goal, then scoring an own goal. You could say that was just bad luck, but looking at his efforts on field he'd be the first I'd get rid of. Whittaker is a much better player than him, but he plays every game, so I'll just leave these decisions in the hands of the managment team. I'm sure they know the worth of Whittaker.

The general opinion of Whittaker is that he's all of a sudden become a shite player. .

Not IMO. Ive been screaming every week this guy is a liability and an excentric player. Yet he will play in the next game, do well and eveyone will say "clap clap clap, boy did well" same as Edu.

FFS drop them!!!!! What is with this "must play this guy......"

I'm not trying to be awkward Danny. I just don't see how we can even form an opinion on what he's getting paid never mind complain about it, if we don't actually know what he's getting paid.... McGregor's wage has nothing to do with Whittaker's because McGregor is the best 'keeper in Scotland and one of the best in the UK, so he's easily worth whatever we're paying him.

You avoided what I said ;)

You say we don't know for sure what Whittaker's on, so surely by that reasoning we don't know what Shagger's on. Or any of the rest of them. So we really have no idea what the scale of best paid to worst paid actually is.

But the truth is, of course we do. Shagger is probably the best paid, and there's a group of about 3 or 4 players including Whittaker who seem to be in the 15k-23k range.