McCoist to plunder Chelsea ??

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/08/06/SOCCER_Rangers_Quotes.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership&BID=425

Ally McCoist could ask his old mate Andre Villas-Boas for some of his Chelsea fringe players in a bid to bolster his squad.

The Rangers boss and Villa-Boas first met at coaching courses in Largs and they were reunited again on Saturday before a strong Chelsea side cruised to a 3-1 friendly win over the Scottish champions at Ibrox.

McCoist was delighted to see defender Kyle Bartley return to his defence for a second loan spell from Arsenal and did not rule out asking Villas-Boas for players who might not be involved at Stamford Bridge this season.

The former Rangers striker said: "I had a good chat with Andre before the game and I am going to see him now and we will talk about out a few things

"But obviously when you get somebody of the quality of Kyle Bartley coming in, that's a great thing as you can see.

"He hasn't played a lot of football but he looks comfortable.

"But it would be ridiculous of me not to use the good contacts that I have and I will certainly use every contact that I have to bring in the best players available to the club. You can be sure of that."

Asked if he was closer to bringing in new faces, McCoist said: "We are working very hard to get players in.

"I am as hopeful as the next man but time will tell. There is no point in me getting frustrated."

Pish journalism from whoever. It wasn't McCoist who met Villas-Boas at Largs, it was Ian Durrant who met him.

If this is true than we should be going for Kakuta (or whatever he's called) and McEcheran (or whatever he's called). However I doubt this article is true as they couldn't even get the "old mate" bit right.

Pish journalism from whoever. It wasn't McCoist who met Villas-Boas at Largs, it was Ian Durrant who met him.

Either that or the guy on the commentary for the Chelsea game yesterday was incorrect and this article is in fact correct?

If this is true than we should be going for Kakuta (or whatever he's called) and McEcheran (or whatever he's called). However I doubt this article is true as they couldn't even get the "old mate" bit right.

Bottom line is I'm not hugely inspired by us bringing in a shitload of loan deals.

Either that or the guy on the commentary for the Chelsea game yesterday was incorrect and this article is in fact correct?

But it has been reported in more places than just yesterday's commentary that it was Durrant. in fact, there are direct quotes from Durrant (I watched it on RTV) that he was at Largs with AVB.

Bottom line is I'm not hugely inspired by us bringing in a shitload of loan deals.

If we are short on squad numbers heading into the last week of the window then I have no issue with loan signings. They seemed to work out OK for us last season, Diouf aside.

I have issues with loans, ok 1 or 2 can be very beneficial but if you have nearer 4 or 5 then we aren't building a team, cause we will just lose the player unless we have a clause where we can buy the player at the end of the season but if we are getting them from the EPL we won't.

I wouldn't mind us taking the young defender who came on in the game yesterday, Tomas Kalas. Right sided Czech U19 defender who plays either centre-half or right back. Slightly inexperienced but obviously very talented. Realistically, that's the sort of loan deals we can expect from the likes of Chelsea and I'd be fine with that if they aren't costing us much money.

Guest Dutchy

I don't see anything wrong with loan deals per se, but if we're talking about inexperienced players coming in on loan, why don't we give our own youngsters a start, to gain experience???

It would seem that getting other teams youths on loan to give them experience is like cutting off your own nose to spite you face.

I don't see anything wrong with loan deals per se, but if we're talking about inexperienced players coming in on loan, why don't we give our own youngsters a start, to gain experience???

It would seem that getting other teams youths on loan to give them experience is like cutting off your own nose to spite you face.

I'm all for giving our own youngsters a chance and by all accounts they've been getting more of a chance in recent seasons than youngsters have at Ibrox for a long time, but I don't see anything wrong with bringing in one or two highly regarded youngsters from big clubs down south like we did last season bringing in Weiss and Bartley. We've got Bartley back now and there's surely room for one or two more if clubs like Chelsea are willing to loan them for low cost to us.