Where's Leggo ?

Plenty of bears write blogs and are on our side. But they write much better than he does. Why does this forum worship him so?

This forum doesn't 'worship' anyone least of all Leggo - so please desist with these constant inaccurate generalisations.

If a number of users praise him, and almost no one criticises him, it's a fair generalisation. And I'd appreciate you qualifying your 'constant' accusation because I consider that pretty inaccurate as well.

If a number of users praise him, and almost no one criticises him, it's a fair generalisation. And I'd appreciate you qualifying your 'constant' accusation because I consider that pretty inaccurate as well.

I've seen Leggo being criticised regularly on here - both in terms of specific articles and/or his style of writing. I do so myself while also conceding some of his work is useful and well worth a read. Plenty of others seems to share that stance.

As for your constant exaggerations, well these have been a feature of your writing for as long as I've read your posts online. Recently on here you've suggested those who see Ortiz as not a dud are all missing the point or that you're the only person on Gersnet who praises Lafferty. I'm sure there are other examples but I'm not overly interested in finding them.

Not sure if it's deliberate but it certainly grates - especially when you post inaccuracies about general forum thoughts simply to try and justify your own opinion.

I've seen Leggo being criticised regularly on here - both in terms of specific articles and/or his style of writing.

Then I do wonder why I get slated for the same thing!

I do so myself while also conceding some of his work is useful and well worth a read. Plenty of others seems to share that stance.

As for your constant exaggerations,

Is this something new you're bringing in? It was generalisations before, now it's exaggerations. You seem to be shifting what you're on about for convenience sake.

well these have been a feature of your writing for as long as I've read your posts online. Recently on here you've suggested those who see Ortiz as not a dud are all missing the point

Frankie, you're a much more intelligent person than this post. I never said that, not even close to it. You've entirely misunderstood my point, which I can't quite fathom given your clear intellect.

or that you're the only person on Gersnet who praises Lafferty.

Again, you're better than this. I said I felt like the only one who praised him past tense. When he was getting pelters from almost everyone. I remember it clear as day, and if you trawl the archives you'll see this.

I'm sure there are other examples but I'm not overly interested in finding them.

Not sure if it's deliberate but it certainly grates - especially when you post inaccuracies about general forum thoughts simply to try and justify your own opinion.

I've barely ever seen any criticism of his blogs. Once, I do recall surprised replies to a blog thread saying 'not as good as he normally does' but that was about it.

You're effectively calling me a liar here, and I find that slightly disquieting.

I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm merely suggesting your generalisations are often inaccurate and they are.

Now back on topic and I look forward to Leggo getting back to writing as while I may not always agree with his points (and also find his style less than ideal), I do enjoy other aspects of his work.

I've barely ever seen any criticism of his blogs.

There hasn't been much for a while, but I can assure you that plenty people on here have spoken about his writing style, worrying obsession with Britney etc etc. Just because we don't keep repeating ourselves doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed before (and at some length IIRC).

I would assume that people generally like him. and he has been criticised. If you dont like him then dont read his articles.

There hasn't been much for a while, but I can assure you that plenty people on here have spoken about his writing style, worrying obsession with Britney etc etc. Just because we don't keep repeating ourselves doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed before (and at some length IIRC).

Ok, I will give you the Britney thing, I recall that has been mentioned quite a few times.

I would assume that people generally like him. and he has been criticised. If you dont like him then dont read his articles.

It's not him I dislike, I don't have an objection to a bear making a blog at all. I just don't quite follow why his is made a big deal of compared to the others. When his blog is certainly no better than theirs.

Is it because he wrote for the People or whoever it was he was employed by in the past.

Plenty of bears write blogs and are on our side. But they write much better than he does. Why does this forum worship him so?

Not sure about worshipping him mate, just nice to see a blog that's different for a change. Despite his limitations he has also broke some news leading up the takeover that has turned out to be true.

I'm not aware of other Rangers Bloggers apart from the writers on here and other forums. Link me in to them please.