Rangers to appeal 2.8 million tax liability

Well said Ian to many of the so called most loyal fans in the world are way to eager for Ally and Whyte to fall flat on their faces beggars belief.

Why would any fan want them to fall flat on their faces? A farcical comment.

blind faith. The one thing that kept our club afloat while we were up to our necks in debt. I was one of the blind faith guys who put my money over the turnstiles during that era. Through think and thin and all that stuff. But the role of a fan these days has changed. It used to be that supporting your club meant turning up on match days and cheering your team on. Now? We are customers and the club is as much a business as any store down your local high street. "blind faith" is no more than an opportunity for the club to fleece you out of as much money as they can under the pretense of you being part of the "Rangers Family".

Ally indeed might fail as manager but it is far to early to speculate on that. he might win as well. we just dont know at this stage.

what i do know is that he has been let down massively so far. by a board who promised so much and delivered very little. to say they have been slow of the mark is an understatement, something i have been critical of since the start of the season. So i suppose that puts me in the "told you so" brigade, which i may add offers me no comfort now we are out of the CL at qualifiers.

The one thing i wont do this season is to sit idly by while things are blatantly wrong and say nothing. It is folly to do so.

As for Mccoist? I will indeed judge him at the end of the season and give him my support and for the record i reckon he will last longer than that. But he will need a lot more support from the board than hes getting now if he is to do so. I will give the board some slack and put this down to being a learning curve for CW. He never became a successful business man by letting the grass grow under his feet, which is exactly what he has allowed to happen where our transfer market is concerned.

It is time he started walking the walk. Talking the talk is wearing very thin these days.

Yeah, Rangers are fleecing the fans and putting the money in the shareholders' pockets... what rubbish.

Some people have no idea what being a supporter is all about - it's absolutely nothing like being high street shop customer. It's too bleedin' obvious to even start on why.

Am I correct in saying when this raised it's head that SDM agreed with CW that he would foot the bill?????

Correct that's why Whyte officially paid just 1p for Rangers so he could pay the tax bill without being out of pocket. Everyone argues with the taxman about who much they have to pay how do think accounts are in a job. If we are battling this hard over an agreed tax bill looks good for us over the disputed bill Whyte it seems has let his tax lawyers off the leash

See the Yahoos are creaming their pants over this blaming us for the leak, ok then Ally Russell phoned scumbag Phil of the made up name and told him the whole story they really are deluded got themselves convinced it's the only way they will win the league with us gone not going to happen timmy dream on.

Why would any fan want them to fall flat on their faces? A farcical comment.

You must lead I sheltered life mate because I can assure you there is rangers fans how never wanted Ally as manger and would like nothing better than to see for him fail so they can say told you so he's not up to the job.

My question to those muppets would be if not Ally then who.

I pay my money year on year because Rangers are part of my life along with the wife and kids we all go on a Saturday. And I know what board I would rather have behind Ally the one we have if they don't want to pay over the odds for a player it's their call the club has to be run on an even keel, no more are we going back to the overspending days of old and being run by the bank and if some of our support don't get it then tough.

Blind faith a farcical comment, I call it being a loyal supporter.

Yeah, Rangers are fleecing the fans and putting the money in the shareholders' pockets... what rubbish.

Some people have no idea what being a supporter is all about - it's absolutely nothing like being high street shop customer. It's too bleedin' obvious to even start on why.

Who mentioned putting money in shareholders pockets? not me. And the club is as much a commercial business as any high street store. Football at ibrox has taken second place to the finances for a very long time and it will continue to be about the money for the foreseable future.

To the men on any board of any football club fans are no more than an avenue for revenue. Thats why you pay 45 quid for a football top that costs 3 quid to make. Its why you will pay 40 quid + for a ticket to an old firm game and why you barely get change out of a tenner when you buy a burger and a coke at the game.

At the end of the day you buy a product (including the football on offer) just like you do when you walk into a shop and buy a pint of milk.

Football isnt just a game anymore, its big business. It promotes and sells a product. And you are as much a customer as you are a fan. So there are indeed similarities between a high street shopper and a football fan.

Feel free to continue to jump on the blind faith and loyalty bandwagon if you like, but i left that behind a few years back. I have come to see the game in general for what it is. The game i loved as a kid is gone. its been replaced by a commercial juggernaut where loyalty has no place.

Don't think you get the being a Rangers supporter bit do you.

So rocketing prices and selling something at a huge mark up is Rangers fault get a grip we live in a consumer world but it doesn't have to stop you loving your football team we have to balance the books end of story.

Edited by GovanAllan

Who mentioned putting money in shareholders pockets? not me.

Either you implied that or you don't understand the implications of your own argument. You said, "We are customers and the club is as much a business as any store down your local high street." You don't seem to know that a store in a high street sells things to customers with the primary intent of making a profit. When it makes a profit, the money goes to the sole owner or shareholders - whichever is appropriate for the specific business.

So what is it that you're trying to say?

And the club is as much a commercial business as any high street store.

There, you said it again!

Football at ibrox has taken second place to the finances for a very long time and it will continue to be about the money for the foreseable future.

There's where you're wrong again. Football is number one at Ibrox, but unless you want Rangers to be a pub team, the finances have to be looked after in order for the club to compete. The club is about winning trophies, not making a profit for the owner or shareholders which is why any profit is put straight back into the club to further the success on the field. I don't know when the last time was that Rangers paid a shareholder dividend... David Murray didn't even take a wage out of the club: he bought it for 6M, invested about 70M, didn't take a wage and sold it for a penny. How is that profiteering?

Your point doesn't really make any sense at all, if you want to watch a team for free, go watch Sunday league. Rangers have needed finances since they turned professional over 100 years ago - you really don't seem to understand that.

To the men on any board of any football club fans are no more than an avenue for revenue.

Thats why you pay 45 quid for a football top that costs 3 quid to make. Its why you will pay 40 quid + for a ticket to an old firm game and why you barely get change out of a tenner when you buy a burger and a coke at the game.

Without revenue the club can't compete on the pitch - the sole purpose of the revenue is to pay for the stadium, the costs of running the club and the wages of the players. What exactly is it you want? We could easily half our revenue by halving all the prices of everything but with 50% wage to turnover rate, half our expenses would be the same - we'd have no money for wages for players and would have to play amateurs like Queens Park. Is that really what you want?

At the end of the day you buy a product (including the football on offer) just like you do when you walk into a shop and buy a pint of milk.

That may be how it is for you, but it's not the same for a supporter. When I buy milk, I buy it from any shop. If one place gets too expensive, I'll probably buy it somewhere else. Nobody is stopping you doing that especially as you are a self confessed customer and not a supporter.

Supporters are different, they want success for one team and they realise that team needs money to compete. They WANT the club to spend money on players, but for the club to do that, the fans need to pay.

Football isnt just a game anymore, its big business. It promotes and sells a product. And you are as much a customer as you are a fan. So there are indeed similarities between a high street shopper and a football fan.

That may be for some clubs in England, but big business is about making the owners/shareholders money, most clubs in Scotland don't do that. They are non-profit businesses with different priorities than making money - however they need to spend money to achieve their goals - which are mostly success on the pitch. On a high street there are very few people who only go to one shop, they tend to browse many of them, and could buy at a different shop every week - how many people do that with football clubs?

Sorry, but your analogy just doesn't work on so many levels and it makes you sound very confused.

Feel free to continue to jump on the blind faith and loyalty bandwagon if you like, but i left that behind a few years back. I have come to see the game in general for what it is. The game i loved as a kid is gone. its been replaced by a commercial juggernaut where loyalty has no place.

Faith and loyalty is what supporting a football club is all about - shame you no longer experience that.

Even your last statement is the opposite of reality - football would be nothing without loyalty.