Rangers to appeal 2.8 million tax liability

You must lead I sheltered life mate because I can assure you there is rangers fans how never wanted Ally as manger and would like nothing better than to see for him fail so they can say told you so he's not up to the job.

My question to those muppets would be if not Ally then who.

Not thinking Ally is the right man for the Job and wanting him to fail are two totally different things and saying one is necessarily linked to the other is in most cases not true. I personally don't think he is the right man for the job but I certainly hopes he proves me wrong and goes on to be the most successful manager in our history. If he does fail in the job I possibly may say I never thought he was the man for the job but not to fill my ego just the simple fact it will be the truth. I simply would have proffered a more experienced manager it is as simple as that. Ally was the cheap option in my eyes. If that makes me a muppet then so be it as long as it is not Kermit as I would hate to be green and slimy.:ninja:

I think it's very hard to tell whether someone is the right man for the job until they've been in the job half a season.

I thought PLG was the perfect man when we signed him and thought the treble was as good as in the trophy room. After half a season it was obvious how wrong I was.

I was reluctant to take Walter back as it's always difficult to reach the heights of previous success, especially for a football manager with a much lower budget, second time around. After half a season, I knew he was the man for the job.

You can look at Advocaat and Eck who both started brilliantly and ended disastrously.

It's so hard to predict and so you have to go with someone with enough credentials, who you think can do the job. Ally fits into that and there is no evidence that he can't be a success when you look at similar scenarios in the past.

We just have to suck it and see.

Boxes that he ticks:

Rangers through and through

Understands the demands at Rangers and the culture

Rangers legend

Fantastic playing career

Coaching badges

Very long and successful apprenticeship under a master at both Scotland and Rangers

Good analysis as a pundit where he actually spoke intelligently and with insight I haven't seen from most

Good people person

Good with the media

Knows when to stand up for himself

Knows how to be humble

Cons:

Cheeky chappie reputation - maybe he can't attain respect or be serious - maybe he can

Lack of management experience as number one - hasn't stopped many good managers though and he's up against a rookie

Hasn't had a flying start - not much of an indication after a short break

Apart from that, I can't think of any more...

Not thinking Ally is the right man for the Job and wanting him to fail are two totally different things and saying one is necessarily linked to the other is in most cases not true. I personally don't think he is the right man for the job but I certainly hopes he proves me wrong and goes on to be the most successful manager in our history. If he does fail in the job I possibly may say I never thought he was the man for the job but not to fill my ego just the simple fact it will be the truth. I simply would have proffered a more experienced manager it is as simple as that. Ally was the cheap option in my eyes. If that makes me a muppet then so be it as long as it is not Kermit as I would hate to be green and slimy.:ninja:

Made me laugh mate more of a gonzo fan myself.

I'm led to believe that the reported �£2.8m is including the penalties/fines. It's not �£2.8m plus fines.

I believe that the �£2.8m includes �£0.9m of interest but I don't think that it includes fines (although can't say for sure.)

I'm led to believe that the reported �£2.8m is including the penalties/fines. It's not �£2.8m plus fines.

Spot on Zappa what they are arguing over is the 1.4 in charges and penalty payments. Whyte found this when buying the club but you would think by the media that he knew nothing about this and is refusing to pay, f#+cking yahoo media.

Guest Dutchy

The only thing I've heard about this is that there is a �£1.4 million penalty being added and that is what Rangers are disputing, not the �£2.8 million.