Rangers to appeal 2.8 million tax liability

Guest Dutchy

There certainly seems to be a case for some form of inquiry, hopefully followed by a naming and shaming and sacking.

It may then display to these winkers that Rangers are not a club to trifled with.

With this leaked info, can't we send our lawyers out and harrass them for this ... and demand, say 2.7m in compensation?

No really, what would any other company do if somesuch happens and see customers staying away, business partners look elsewhere and what have you?

Following on from what has already been posted.

Craig,BD,or any other gersnet posters,is this normal practise for HMRC to go about their business publicly?,I mean even that BHEAST Philmcgobblegiver had all the info before it was in the rHags!!,which can only happen if someone from HMRC has given him this info,no?. There is something not quite right about all this,IMO. I could be wrong of course but it stinks big time.

So I take it its �£2.8 plus �£1.4 , there seems top be different reporting in todays papers.

Also SSN now reporting a deal has been reached with MHRC , no details though

Edited by rbr

Whyte was aware this tax bill was to be paid the question has to be asked why it hasn't.

As far as I see it Rangers are not disputing the �£2.8m tax bill,it's the �£1.4m penalty fine they are disputing

Am I correct in saying when this raised it's head that SDM agreed with CW that he would foot the bill?????

It was agreed that CW would foot the bill, and in return the purchase price of the club fell by �£6m.