Yes, but how do you (or anyone else on here) know how we prepare or train ahead of European games? Have we got any insiders at MP or are we just clinging to third party rumours and hearsay?

You yourself are clinging to that same rumours and hearsay when you are quoting what you see with your local Bundesliga team. A tad hypocritical.

IMHO people simply over-react on here. They usually hardly have a clue about our training, yet lambast players and management about it. They trained well enough for 3IAR, no questions asked. They trained well enough for all our European games in the CL, no questions asked. Had they scored a couple or more without reply last night, no-one on here would raise a fitness or tactical problem issue. And no-one will raise that question if we wrap up No. 55 in May.

You probably shouldn't just stereotype a whole (diverse) group of people here based on what you've seen since April. The training methods at the club have been questioned many times and not just as a 'knee-jerk' reaction to a bad result.

You yourself are clinging to that same rumours and hearsay when you are quoting what you see with your local Bundesliga team. A tad hypocritical.

I actually worked a few times at their training ground, as my company not only provides security for their Bundesliga matchdays (Olympiastadion Berlin, 50 to 75k people and all), but also to their training facilities every single day ;)

Zappa

You probably shouldn't just stereotype a whole (diverse) group of people here based on what you've seen since April. The training methods at the club have been questioned many times and not just as a 'knee-jerk' reaction to a bad result.

Well, essentially just a broadside at people who sure won't moan about this when we raised the last three titles. When we managed to keep ManU et al at bay, reached the UEFA Cup Final and the like. Methinks the fanbase was at arms with management and players alike during the LeGuen / Ferguson fiasco, though I doubt that any player these days has the "power" of a Ferguson withing the squad. What remains is that hardly anyone actually knows how hard or "weak" our players train from first hand experience. And you wonder what creates these sudden uproars and interest in somesuch. Has anyone actually ever checked how the rest of the SPL - or EPL for that matter - trains? To have some comparrison. Just asking ...

I actually worked a few times at their training ground, as my company not only provides security for their Bundesliga matchdays (Olympiastadion Berlin, 50 to 75k people and all), but also to their training facilities every single day ;)

That is completely irrelevant to Rangers. That is my point. You are trying to use your Bundesliga experiences to translate into what Rangers do. What Bundesliga teams do regards training is irrelevant to what Rangers do. In fact, someone else (gisabeer) posted that he was on the Murray Park Tour and that the players only trained for 2 hours. So how does that relate to your Bundesliga experience ? It doesnt.

That is completely irrelevant to Rangers. That is my point. You are trying to use your Bundesliga experiences to translate into what Rangers do. What Bundesliga teams do regards training is irrelevant to what Rangers do. In fact, someone else (gisabeer) posted that he was on the Murray Park Tour and that the players only trained for 2 hours. So how does that relate to your Bundesliga experience ? It doesnt.

Now ... that leaves me baffled. No matter what it means to you, people are up in arms about apparent training methods and time at Murray Park and tell these much-paid people to get it right, but when I tell them that German teams don't do it much differently, that's all irrelevant? When you would expect that these slaggers acknowledge the fact that German footie is somewhat superior than Scottish footie and that you would expect their training time would show that. It doesn't. That's what I am saying. Nothing more, but nothing less.

On a sidenote, you'd have to ask people who are there on a daily basis about what is actually going on at Murray Park. People like Willie Vass, for example. Else, we're just reporting on hearsay and rumour. Great reading indeed. Makes a solid basis for scapegoat hunting ... no?

On a second sidenote ... is the London press full of articles about an "all time low of London football" after the massacres on Sunday?