Are there any european minnows these days or are we slowly falling and becoming a minnow ourselves? Are the days gone where we can beat teams 10-0 on aggregate (Valetta) or even score a good few goals at home in the 1st leg and then stick 10 men behind the ball away from home to play the tie out?

This goes for Celtic too. That's two seasons running they never progressed into the Europa League. Are we getting that bad that simply making the group stages of the Europa League is an achievement in itself? These smaller teams we come up against in europe seem to have a better technique than us. Better passing, better movement, better first touch and a better idea of what their individual jobs are on the field. We sometimes seem clueless.

Teams will draw us and expect to beat us now.

Is Rangers still a big club on the european scene? Absolutely not. We'll struggle in europe for years to come.

All we can go on and do is win the league every year just to get it up Celtic because we won't be doing anything in europe for the forseeable future.

I'm glad I managed to see Rangers reach a european cup final because it won't happen again in my lifetime.

Edited by Gazza_8

These smaller teams we come up against in europe seem to have a better technique than us. Better passing, better movement, better first touch and a better idea of what their individual jobs are on the field. We sometimes seem clueless.

This is the major concern for me which is more and more evident every time we play in europe. It used to be you could see it against the big teams when we used to get hammered but now like you say the "Minnows" of european football are starting to show this. How many times do you see the opposition come to ibrox and punt the ball long from the back? I can't think of any yet we deem this as acceptable.

We are falling further and further behind. Until we start producing players of real quality at Murray Park then we will continue to struggle.

Personally, I don't think it's the players fault. The coaching staff and training methods seem to be the problem. Perhaps the players need to take some responsibility like Wylde and Broadfoot practising their crossing but our lack od ideas on the park is obvious and painful to watch.

European minnows such as us made a UEFA Cup Final in 2008 (or not?). European minnows such as us win 54 titles, three on the trott in these last few years (or not?). European minnows such as us are in good company in Europe, since about 99% of "us" are not Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, ManU and ManC - thus have no hope of winning major honours on a semi-regular basis.

European minnows such as us made a UEFA Cup Final in 2008 (or not?). European minnows such as us win 54 titles, three on the trott in these last few years (or not?). European minnows such as us are in good company in Europe, since about 99% of "us" are not Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, ManU and ManC - thus have no hope of winning major honours on a semi-regular basis.

So you think it's acceptable to have only won 1 european match in 25? You don't think there is a problem there then? Or the fact Celtic haven't won an away match in europe for 30 matches.

There is some serious issues around our coaching methods compared to our european conterparts and it needs addressed.

The coaching from a young age in this country is one the problems IMO. Teams tell young kids who are smaller size they won't make it, the big clubs sign up taller boys and play to their strengths, no wonder we don't see many skillful players around. The free sporting facilities in our country are shocking and from personal experience the coaching for young kids (SFA and an SPL team) was dreadful and I could honestly do better myself. The whole system needs revamped from a young age with better facilities or the mentality will never change and young kids who might've had skill will have this knocked out of them in coaching.

You can also see the gulf in fitness from the likes of the EPL to the SPL, their players just look fitter, stronger, bigger and much much better, they can even pass to their own players :awesome:

Are there any european minnows these days or are we slowly falling and becoming a minnow ourselves? Are the days gone where we can beat teams 10-0 on aggregate (Valetta) or even score a good few goals at home in the 1st leg and then stick 10 men behind the ball away from home to play the tie out?

This goes for Celtic too. That's two seasons running they never progressed into the Europa League. Are we getting that bad that simply making the group stages of the Europa League is an achievement in itself? These smaller teams we come up against in europe seem to have a better technique than us. Better passing, better movement, better first touch and a better idea of what their individual jobs are on the field. We sometimes seem clueless.

Teams will draw us and expect to beat us now.

Is Rangers still a big club on the european scene? Absolutely not. We'll struggle in europe for years to come.

All we can go on and do is win the league every year just to get it up Celtic because we won't be doing anything in europe for the forseeable future.

I'm glad I managed to see Rangers reach a european cup final because it won't happen again in my lifetime.

You should have added 'fitter as well'.That's what's really shocking.

So you think it's acceptable to have only won 1 european match in 25? You don't think there is a problem there then? Or the fact Celtic haven't won an away match in europe for 30 matches.

There is some serious issues around our coaching methods compared to our european conterparts and it needs addressed.

How and what about the opposition? How many of these games have we lost then? Too many for some, for sure. I for one wouldn't just point out the bad facts here.

I think the standard of our league leaves alot to desire, when was the last time a team out with the old firm won the league Rangers and Celtic have dominated the league i think 26yrs shocking statistic. I don't see it changing for a long time to come.