We have a more than capable squad to retain our title this season with the players we have,as long as we don't lose Jelavic.

Yep but what if he gets injured? We don't have enough depth or trust in the other players to fill his boots.

Guest Dutchy
If it was a long term injury then maybe,but I'm confident in our squad

Same here. We're out of Europe now and although that's bad from the money aspect, I'm sure we can fight on to earn the automatic qualifying spot in next years CL. All eyes will certainly be on Ally now, if he thought he was under scrutiny before, he'll soon find out what it's all about. It's in this domestic environment that I think Ally has gained most from WS and will go from strength to strength if we can just get a couple of wins under our belt. 18th Septbember being a pivotal point in the season to come.

Close the window now ffs Craig Whyte is making a complete arse of himself! :(

Really ?

He has brought in 6 NEW players, right ?

The bids being made may not be palatable to some but that is what doing business is all about, getting the right deal for your club - not just offering what the seller wants from you.

This South African, whilst being an international, is still an international for South Africa and still plying his trade in South Africa. If, and I dont know (but presumably not)it is the case that there is no money in South Africa then why bid a high price if you can get someone cheap ? Point being, if you go on holiday to Spain, do you expect to pay a fiver for a pint ? Of course not. So if the same beer can be gotten for a quid in Spain that you would spend a fiver on in the UK should you spend a fiver ? No.

Same goes for football players. If a player is playing in a country that has a low cost for football players why should you pay over the odds ?

Also, it was unclear if the offer of 100k was for a transfer or loan deal. If you read the actual report it is unclear which it is. 100k for a loan fee isnt that bad.

CAVEAT : I do not know this to be the case in South Africa, but just putting a different slant on what may have happened.

Exactly how many native Africans play in the ELP???

Just interested. I'm sure Drogba is a native, but with some French connection(s).

Kalou and Drogba are native. Alex Song from Arsenal. Technically Victor Anichebe is a native Nigerian as he was born in Nigeria but he moved to England early. There is probably loads but as you say some of them like Bougherra are born in France.

Guest firenskill

First time on the forum guys - wish I could post something positive but again as we ride through the transfer window of opportunity...they seem to have blackend ours out again!!!