I would have liked us to have signed Tim Matavz who went to PSV for 6million euro. I really think he would have been a bumper package with Jelavic and his transfer fee will double in the future. That is a wasted chance for us imo as we were interested in him at one point.

I would have liked us to have signed Tim Matavz who went to PSV for 6million euro. I really think he would have been a bumper package with Jelavic and his transfer fee will double in the future. That is a wasted chance for us imo as we were interested in him at one point.

No way would we pay 6 million Euros for a player. I would think he would be a quality player for us but yeah we wouldn't pay that figure.

Sorry pete but 6 million Euros is an amount that we wouldnt risk.

I know you are high on this guy but there is absolutely no guarantee that his price would increase, let alone double.

Sadly, 6 million Euros is above our level these days.

I was right when van Basten first hit the scene, I was right when Bergkamp first hit the scene and |I will be right with Matavz believe me. Barring serious injury he will be a 10\12 million pound(or more) player within a year.

I'd like to have seen us sign another striker but hopefully this will mean McCoist is forced to give Healy more of a chance.

The Ulsterman isn't the best player in the world but he's done OK when we have seen small glimpses of him. Imperative now, that the manager gives him more game-time where possible as I think Jelavic, Lafferty and Naismith will all miss games over the season.

I was right when van Basten first hit the scene, I was right when Bergkamp first hit the scene and |I will be right with Matavz believe me. Barring serious injury he will be a 10\12 million pound(or more) player within a year.

I'm sure there's thousands of fans who could say the same about players and spoting potential, our club have signed some in the past and sold them for big bucks. But there's always the other side where some players just don't make it be it the Scottish game or something else but not everyone makes it big. I'm not saying Matavz won't make it big as from what i've seen of him he looks a good player.

Pete, it is like investing in stocks. Everyone remembers when they were "right" but conveniently forget, or ignore, when they were "wrong".

Matavz very well may turn out to be a 10/12 million pound player but tell me how many players have left Scottish football for that kind of money ? There are other factors at play, such as the standing of the league you play in.

Buying him for 6 million Euros would mean there is little chance of profit - or, at the very least, more risk in losing money. Neither of which we can really afford.

You're in the wrong job pete. Rangers need you, sign up now!