Argentinian trialist?

Wouldn't have cheered me up either mate, not immediately anyway. I do think the club are extremely manipulative, so yeah, I do think it's entirely possible that if we'd got beaten on Sunday the club would have waited for things to die down a bit and maybe yesterday afternoon or this morning, the Argentinian would have been signed. Like you, I'm quite happy with our squad, although I do think we're going to end up with a serious striker shortage at some point in the season if we don't bring another one in.

Fair do's mate, but I still disagree we would've signed him as we can't afford to sign someone just to keep the fans happy :)

The point being, if anyone is interested in our players in the winter window, they should make their felling known in plenty of time to get replacements. I'm sure if a £9 million offer came in for Jelavic early enough, he'd have been on his way.

The important thing in the winter window is to ensure we get enough cash for however leaves, enough to cover for a replacement, and the time it takes for them to 'fit in'.

Depends how you look at it Johnny. Unhappy fans = lower ticket sales.

I just don't think one defeat by them would have made much difference in ticket sales zappa, i could be wrong though.

They have most of the money from season tickets now and I cant imagine our ticket sales would've dropped that much if we did get beat.

I would go for one of these discounted tickets, but I'm over in the Nederlands too often to make it worthwhile.

Looks like I'll just have to go to non-OF games this season. A better chance of getting a ticket at a more reasonable price.

I just don't think one defeat by them would have made much difference in ticket sales zappa, i could be wrong though.

They have most of the money from season tickets now and I cant imagine our ticket sales would've dropped that much if we did get beat.

You may well be right mate.

The other thing I had in mind earlier was that with us going out of Europe that first OF game was seriously important for Ally to keep the majority of fans on his side because if we'd got beaten I think quite a lot of fans would have turned on him. They did it to Walter as we witnessed several times in the past few years, so they'll do it to Ally as well. Having a wee Argentinian signing up your sleeve would give a manager a bit of leverage with unhappy fans if you know what I mean. Sort of like a card player with an Ace up his sleeve.

I doubt his signing or not signing would have changed no matter what the outcome of the OF game was. This was just a matter of Rangers having a wage ceiling for him and the Argie sitting on the chimney stack. The gap was too big just like many other players before him. On a bright note I believe that most clubs are going to have to slash their wage bill in the future so it will be harder for these mediocre players to demand high wages.