Argentinian trialist?

Thing is, we're taking a punt on him so you'd expect a lowish wage offer to lower our risk exposure. The guy has no club and this is his chance to re-ignite his career. It's only a six month contract after all, and as I can't imagine it's exactly peanuts we're offering, it sounds like player greed has raised it's ugly head and it seems to me that he doesn't quite get his own situation or the value of his stock.

Meanwhile, Rangers last night pulled the plug on their bid to sign Argentine winger Matias Abelairas.

Negotiations between the club and the player's representatives broke down over money.

Rangers made an offer to the former River Plate player, above, but there was a significant gap between that and what the player wanted.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/272696/Rangers-boss-Ally-McCoist-wants-trophy

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.