Kris Boyd - Turkish Delight?

I love how a Kris Boyd topic can still create a big debate on Gersnet! At the end of the day his scoring record speaks for itself. The way he left the club left a bad taste and his career hasn't exactly flourished since but as with most ex Ranger's I only wish him well

Not as many as Boyd though. That's my point.

But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter goals you score, as long as you win the game. The only time a title has ever been decided on GD was 51 iirc. And we didn't have Boyd at that point.

Titles are never/rarely decided on how many goals you score, they're decided on the number of matches you win lose and draw.

Amazing how people's dislike for a player will distort the reality of their contribution to Rangers.

Oh he scored plenty of goals. That's the reality of his contribution to Rangers. But if he hadn't scored them, others, maybe not one individual, others would have.

We'd have lost 25ish goals a season if we never had Boyd.

Really, so we score 25 goals a season less these days do we?

I mean that's what you're saying. Rangers without Boyd score 25 less a season. Well we scored 88 last season and in 2008-2009, when he scored 27 goals, we scored...77! How does that fit your thinking?

I can think of a few games where he scored the winning goal. Boyd was a poacher and had the composure when finishing unlike Miller, Novo and Naismith although Naismith has improved greatly over the course of last season and this season.

He had composure against the lesser teams - he flubbed his lines against bigger opposition far too many times, and scored only one goal in Europe. I don't know why you're comparing his composure against Miller when Miller scored a similar number, including several against Celtic.

You have a very selective memory then.

Nah, I'm just strictly not a member of the Kris Boyd fan club.

Oh he scored plenty of goals. That's the reality of his contribution to Rangers. But if he hadn't scored them, others, maybe not one individual, others would have.

You cant say that with assurance.

As to your prior post about winning, drawing and losing games.... in the years we won the league whilst Boyd was here, how many points was the league win by ? Not many. So you are saying that Boyd didnt score any game winning goals ? Course he did. And you just dont know if those goals would have been replaced by someone else.

His contribution is being under-stated by some. I dont even think that is in my opinion, I think it is fact.

Not another Boyd Post!:shock: I was never a supporter of his and always said we will score goals without him just in another manner. He did fill a roll in that period and has a fantastic scoring record, but I personally prefer a striker who can score and play football.

Just for the useless information FC Twenthe bought a striker,Janko, from Austria at the same time we bought Jelly. The guy scores in every game but really can't play football and is as stiff as a garden fence. Jelly scores less but thank god we picked the best one.

More the case that he filled a roll - or a few rolls!

You cant say that with assurance.

As to your prior post about winning, drawing and losing games.... in the years we won the league whilst Boyd was here, how many points was the league win by ? Not many. So you are saying that Boyd didnt score any game winning goals ? Course he did. And you just dont know if those goals would have been replaced by someone else.

His contribution is being under-stated by some. I dont even think that is in my opinion, I think it is fact.

We're going round in circles. You have your stance and I have mine. I'm done with this debate - wasted too much time in the past talking about Kris Boyd and now being dragged into it again.

We're going round in circles. You have your stance and I have mine. I'm done with this debate - wasted too much time in the past talking about Kris Boyd and now being dragged into it again.

Nae bother - admit you are wrong and we can move on :fish: