Gregg Wylde - thoughts?

Vast improvement in the last couple of months. Still needs to work on the first time cross at full pace and get his head up more.

On to the good bits showing a lot more confidence coming inside and having a pop at goal, his final ball when he gets time to get his head up and pick the cross/pass is as good as any in the SPL and some south of the border. His ball for the goal on Saturday was a thing of beauty.

He's obviously working hard in training and listening to what he's getting told, which can only be good.

Anybody else think he looks just as good if not better on the right.

He looked good on the right on Saturday for sure.

I think being on the right helps him because he can still use his pace to get outside the defender and his right foot crossing isnt too bad, plus defenders wont want crosses coming in from the byeline.

This makes him less one dimensional because he then carries that threat of cutting inside onto his favoured left foot and can either have a pop at goal or can swing in a cross which is on top of the keeper (ala the free kick that led to the goal on Saturday) which is incredibly difficult to defend... and it could also see Jelavic scoring more as he is very good in the air.

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of him but right now until McKay is fit, he has no competition (Kerkar isnt even included in this). For me he is so left footed its unbelievable and it shows. Seeing Jelavic frustrated at the complete lack of quality he is getting from both wings is quite depressing.

However he has been getting himself into some really good positions and had a couple of attempts at goal on Saturday. A good run in the team and he can hopefully get more confident and lift his head to look before crossing a ball!

He's a left winger right? His two VITAL assists came in from the right wing, at Tannadice back in September and at Ibrox v Hibs, both converted by Laff, both games finished 1-0 to the Champions.

He'll need to improve his crosses from his natural position, and then some. The jury's out.

Maybe the admin who runs the @GersnetOnline twitter could send a wee message to @RFCstats & ask just how many successful crosses Wylde has made or how many assists he has this season?

As for his doubters. At the end of the day, he is young, fast & accurate. He isn't scared to take someone on, tracks back when he makes a mistake. He isn't greedy & his crosses are on target most of the time. I think his wild crosses are usually when he is under pressure & doesn't look up, but hey he's young he can sort that out no problem.

I definitely think he has shown enough over the last few weeks to show there is a good player developing. He will have ups and downs as every winger and indeed young player does, but it is great to actually have a winger with pace again. He is certainly the best wing prospect I have seen for at Ibrox for a while and he certainly deserves a chance. I admit I think Templeton at Hearts is a better all round footballer and if we bought him I would be delighted.