Rangers v Liverpool ticket information

Club should have had a flat rate of 15 quid that way attracted a big crowd and probably made more money.

Trouble with this is that the economics don't always add up. Say the average ticket price now is £22, with say 30k turning up that brings in £660k. At £15, you would need 45k turning up to slightly beat that at £675k.

So the question is, would lowering the price bring in another 15k of people - that's a 50% increase?

I think when we were equivalent to a top English side, these friendlies were very popular as we loved to beat them and show we were the best British team who could win the English league - and we used to be confident of doing so.

However, with the huge disparity in finances, we now see these games with great trepidation as we expect to be well beaten - and when we beat them, we think it's just because it's just a friendly and doesn't count for anything, which is a quite a negative attitude and means we just can't win.

At the end of the day, no-one is being forced to go.

The club obviously feel there is a market (limited or otherwise) for such a game given we have no European commitments. Personally, I wouldn't pay £20 for a friendly match of any kind but if others fancy a night out watching players they normally wouldn't get the chance to see, then I hope they enjoy the game.

Just as long as none of our players are injured. ;)

After our european performances, this friendly game should at least be free on the ST. A bigger crowd will create a better atmosphere. I don't see what the problem is.

Give us something back please Rangers.

A bigger crowd will create a better atmosphere. I don't see what the problem is.

The point of this game is to make money, not use hom advantage to try and beat a superior European quality team. Atmosphere is an irrelevance as far as the club are concerned.

The point of this game is to make money, not use hom advantage to try and beat a superior European quality team. Atmosphere is an irrelevance as far as the club are concerned.

Not what I'm getting at. Players prefer playing in a noisy stadium, especially when it's a non-competitive game.

Plus, it's more enjoyable for the fans.

Guest Dutchy

I'll be coming back from Holland that day, so I couldn't make it even if I wanted to see a friendly. I've been to far too many of them in the past and I can't remember any that were any good. I would attend a testimonial though, but you don't see many of them these days.

No, I'd prefer to save up my small income to go to a league game, which I hope to get to a couple of this year, but this is not a priority for me.

Not what I'm getting at. Players prefer playing in a noisy stadium, especially when it's a non-competitive game.

Plus, it's more enjoyable for the fans.

It doesn't matter what you're getting at. The club have put this game on to make money to try and sort out some of our Euro deficit. Atmosphere, rightly or wrongly, is an irrelevance in terms of the only priority for this game.