Rangers v Liverpool ticket information

It doesn't matter what you're getting at. The club have put this game on to make money to try and sort out some of our Euro deficit. Atmosphere, rightly or wrongly, is an irrelevance in terms of the only priority for this game.

I agree, basically the club need money – not for the owner’s pockets or to make a profit but to help the club come closer to break even. Income only really comes from the fans and it’s not just a begging bowl – you do get something for your money.

You can pick and choose your games and decide if a friendly is too expensive to go to; however, with the amount of criticism aimed at the board for lack of spending and at Ally for the lack of European money, you'd think that excessive criticism would be balanced with a willingness to do the fan part and help the club out. I think it’s a bit off to complain about the lack of European games to go to and then plead poverty for what should be a glamorous friendly with a top English club.

I have the handicap of living in England so can’t preach to people about going to games, but I think I’d be interested in going to this if I was near Glasgow. However, while the club struggle financially, I’m not going to preach to the board about spending more money or criticising them for trying to raise more money either.

Like I say, people can choose to pick and choose what they spend their money on, but you should remember the board also have a duty to the finances of the club.

After our european performances, this friendly game should at least be free on the ST. A bigger crowd will create a better atmosphere. I don't see what the problem is.

Give us something back please Rangers.

Quite agree here mate, (A) it's a money making excerise...

(B) I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not going to the match I'm afraid but what about the non season ticket holders and the general public that are being asked to shell out £25 for a ticket on a meaningless game.

It doesn't matter what you're getting at. The club have put this game on to make money to try and sort out some of our Euro deficit. Atmosphere, rightly or wrongly, is an irrelevance in terms of the only priority for this game.

Of course it does. If it's a money making exercise why set the ticket price so high? I'm sue the players would prefer to play in front of a full stadium with a bit of atmosphere than playing in front of a half full stadium.

Rangers could make so much more money if they lowered the prices. Yet again the fans come last!

Of course it does. If it's a money making exercise why set the ticket price so high? I'm sue the players would prefer to play in front of a full stadium with a bit of atmosphere than playing in front of a half full stadium.

Rangers could make so much more money if they lowered the prices. Yet again the fans come last!

Lower prices, bigger gate and everyones a winner :)

Not necessarily mate, it's the school holidays that week and some like myself might be away, even if I was here and it was say £10 I still would not go, nothing to do with the price for me I just stopped going to meaningless games years ago. We need money and this is one way of getting some and I have no problem with the club trying this way and hope they get a decent crowd. If fans moan about the price of tickets then don't go I doubt they will miss much anyway, although I could be wrong :)

No guarantees either way on this one. As calscot has pointed out if you lower the price you need to increase the attendees and that increase in attendees may need to be dramatic.

If the club expect a crowd of 20,000 by charging 25 quid - that is 500,000

If they reduce the price to 15 quid they now need 33,000 people to attend.

There is no guarantee in either direction. The club are obviously hoping that the fans remain "loyal" and see this as a money-making exercise and that they support it in numbers.

They will probably also have to pay Liverpool an appearance fee which eats into any potential profits too.

No guarantees either way on this one. As calscot has pointed out if you lower the price you need to increase the attendees and that increase in attendees may need to be dramatic.

If the club expect a crowd of 20,000 by charging 25 quid - that is 500,000

If they reduce the price to 15 quid they now need 33,000 people to attend.

There is no guarantee in either direction. The club are obviously hoping that the fans remain "loyal" and see this as a money-making exercise and that they support it in numbers.

They will probably also have to pay Liverpool an appearance fee which eats into any potential profits too.

Good to see a few are grasping it. I actually agree with Gav etc that the price is shit and even if I was able to go, I wouldn't. But to expect the club to drop the prices for a money making exercise in order to boost atmosphere is a non-starter.