BBC Investigative Documentary on RFC/Craig Whyte confirmed

Mark Daly (Panorama reporter) has confirmed to me that a BBC documentary about RFC/Craig Whyte is due to be screened next Thursday, 20th October.

This should be fascinating - not sure if this will be Panaroma or simply a stand-alone investigative piece from this guy.

Rangers - The Inside Story

BBC 1 Scotland October 20th, 7:00pm.

Mark Daly reveals what lies in store for Craig Whyte, the new owner of Rangers FC - one of Scotland's oldest football clubs - which is currently being threatened with a potentially business-closing 50 million-pound tax bill.

Did they do somesuch on SDM, or Lawwell, or any of the moguls that own the EPL teams?

Well, obviously various EPL teams and figures have been the subject of similar programmes over the years.

Our current unique tax problems and Whyte's vague business background will make for interesting viewing. Givem James Cook's less then helpful editing of our manager a few weeks back, I'd fancy the club will be keen to ensure any claims made are factual.

The same journo tried to do a programme on Murray, but so intricate was all his smoke and mirrors it was impossible to do so without inside help and this couldnt be achieved.

You can guarantee it wont be slanted in a sympathetic way, and will be sensationalist and borderline libel.

The same journo tried to do a programme on Murray, but so intricate was all his smoke and mirrors it was impossible to do so without inside help and this couldnt be achieved.

You can guarantee it wont be slanted in a sympathetic way, and will be sensationalist and borderline libel.

Obviously Daly has previous for going under-cover with subject companies.

Not sure if this has happened here or not but, like you say, this isn't going to be good news.

Dont think he went undercover, he has just been doing it the old-fashioned way, speaking to old associates of Whyte, digging up what he can find through contacts, Companies House, etc. Got the heads-up on this a few weeks ago from a good source close to him. He has probably been sifting through forums as well as there was a lot of info on Whyte during the takeover about his past etc. It is his job to authenticate this info and I would trust him to be absolutely factual as he is a very good reporter, but how it is edited and cut is what worries me more. The remit was to try to find out if Whyte has any money, where he got it from, is he legit, can he be good for Rangers? Obviously BBC Scotland will have already got their optimum answers before they started, so it will be interesting to see if he has found anything to back this up.

Dont think he went undercover, he has just been doing it the old-fashioned way, speaking to old associates of Whyte, digging up what he can find through contacts, Companies House, etc. Got the heads-up on this a few weeks ago from a good source close to him. He has probably been sifting through forums as well as there was a lot of info on Whyte during the takeover about his past etc. It is his job to authenticate this info and I would trust him to be absolutely factual as he is a very good reporter, but how it is edited and cut is what worries me more. The remit was to try to find out if Whyte has any money, where he got it from, is he legit, can he be good for Rangers? Obviously BBC Scotland will have already got their optimum answers before they started, so it will be interesting to see if he has found anything to back this up.

The title of the programme does infer either a reputable source or himself going under-cover.

Will be interesting to see how the club defends itself from any claims the programme makes. Will be essential viewing for all of us.

Having just read the title and narrative (missed it before) in your earlier post, I would guess he has interviewed Bain anonymously, or another of the ditched Directors with a grudge. NO doubt he also has the same HMRC source that has been leaking things to date.

It looks more like a scare story on the tax case than anything new, but I suppose we dont have long to wait and see.