BBC Investigative Documentary on RFC/Craig Whyte confirmed

I'm pretty sure the small one was, but someone mentioned that the big things is being done in England, for whatever reason (maybe a different case/basis).

Various sources (including the Evening Times) have reported that the larger Bill was being dealt with in Edinburgh - at least the First Tier Tribunal was held there. George House IIRC.

Next stage of the process may be held elsewhere though - I've no idea! ;)

Mark Daly's piece is an exercise in keeping the pot boiling. HMRC are due to reveal their findings early November, whipping up righteous public opinion could easily influence last minute decision making. BBC Scotland are working hard on the mood music surrounding Rangers.

That's the worry with the BBC doing this program. It's one thing for them to report the ongoing news, but to be making a special program while we're in the middle of the tax case is possibly an underhand tactic.

I dont believe a word panorama say after the one they did on bigotry/sectarianism. Full of inaccuracies and bullshit. And that was on a topic I know something about, so when they are talking about anything else, why should I trust them as being honest and accurate?

I dont believe a word panorama say after the one they did on bigotry/sectarianism. Full of inaccuracies and bullshit. And that was on a topic I know something about, so when they are talking about anything else, why should I trust them as being honest and accurate?

That's what I was going to say too... 100% agree. Panorama is gutter journalism at it's worst, you're better off looking to the Daily Star for accurate stories.

The program is a propaganda mechanism designed to shape public opinion on behalf of the government.

The program is a propaganda mechanism designed to shape public opinion on behalf of the government.

Zappa, more often than not, you talk a whole load of sense, but occasionally you are prone to kite flying. Governments are not in the business of openly, nor discretely, making undercover TV programmes to indoctrinate the masses. At least not in Scotland.

What does happen, however, is that elements of the media have their own agenda, and are much more effective than governments in the art of propaganda.

KDS thread on this is illuminating. So is our "friend" Phil's input into all of this. And that is input into a state sponsored media organisation!

As for me - I long back to the days when it was all about football. But it was never really like that - was it, or was it?

However, we're approaching a point where football in Scotland will be totally destroyed by this petty insane internet driven nonsense that has nothing to do with the real elements of the sport. And after all, when you take the sport element away, we are left with the bare bones that remain.

Edited by Zappa

All journos seek sensationalism. Even if they're writing on subjects for your side, you can be sure there's more sensation than truth being pedalled.

I'm sure the government are not influenced by this sort of shite.

If they were, surely they'd leave themselves open to the same court proccesses, and risks, as in any libel case???

So while we are debating it on here, should the above not been made aware to Whyte and his lawyers? Obviously, it is a touchy issue going at loggerheads with something like the BBC beyond their Scottish division, but if you see what is actually been done and who the sources are - with the HMRC case on the horizon - you can see the writing that's on the wall here. The word "witch hunt" looms in the shadows of a programme that could well be used to influence those judging on the HMRC case. And it will not matter if the programme is screened and Whyte wants an apology afterwards, since the overall damage will have been done.