That's assuming that they would have gone quietly....

Well, if there was ever a good case against them for these alleged 'irregularities' then they would have bitten Whyte's hand off for a tasty pay-off. Even without a case against them Whyte should have been able to come to a pay-off agreement with them back in late May or early June. Either way, letting it get out of hand and dragged through the courts like this is bad for the business and reputation of the club.

To my mind, even if Bain and McIntyre both lose their court cases due to Whyte actually having a solid case against them, you'll have to ask why he couldn't just get rid of them on those grounds in the first place. Either there's a case against them or there isn't.

Well, if there was ever a good case against them for these alleged 'irregularities' then they would have bitten Whyte's hand off for a tasty pay-off. Even without a case against them Whyte should have been able to come to a pay-off agreement with them back in late May or early June. Either way, letting it get out of hand and dragged through the courts like this is bad for the business and reputation of the club.

To my mind, even if Bain and McIntyre both lose their court cases due to Whyte actually having a solid case against them, you'll have to ask why he couldn't just get rid of them on those grounds in the first place. Either there's a case against them or there isn't.

What am I missing ? Is that not what he effectively did ? And they didnt agree so they have sued ?

What am I missing ? Is that not what he effectively did ? And they didnt agree so they have sued ?

If there was a good case against them surely there would've been a better way to deal with the situation than giving them both grounds to resign and sue for constructive dismissal on the basis that the employment rights act had been breached?

As I've said before, putting their previous loyalties to the club aside, I don't see why Bain and now McIntyre too, would be taking the club to court if they didn't think they have a great chance of winning.

just found out that a colleague has been doing some IT support work for Lord Hodge, who provided the rulings for Bain & McIntyre....I've politely requested that a virus be planted on his machine. :)

Is it legal to say something like that? :thinking:

If there was a good case against them surely there would've been a better way to deal with the situation than giving them both grounds to resign and sue for constructive dismissal on the basis that the employment rights act had been breached?

As I've said before, putting their previous loyalties to the club aside, I don't see why Bain and now McIntyre too, would be taking the club to court if they didn't think they have a great chance of winning.

Everybody thinks they are in the right when it goes to court thats why it ends up in court Judge will look at the evidence make his ruling, like you I just wish it wasn't 10 months away.

I take it this will be heard in front of a judge.