A mate of mine is in legal profession and said earlier on we had put a settlement to Bain

No word on whether its been accepted or declined though

Good news if true. Hopefully the settlement is ample and Bain accepts it.

Should have been done in the right way from the start.

He has either been badly advised or doesn't listen.

It looks to me as if Administration has been his goal all along.

Alas i think you're 100% correct.

For such a super duper successful "billionaire" he seems to have made a few costly mistakes already during his short tenure as custodian.

This is a massive own goal of Cha Du Ri proportions. As the only executive employees on the Independent Board Committee that opposed the bid, Bain and McIntyre were obvious targets, regardless of how they had performed their jobs in the past. Whatever your views on Mr Whyte, once he became the owner, he could hardly be expected to work with or continue to employ two of the key people who opposed the acquisition. The obvious and right thing to have done was to agree a pay off and it seems to me that both Bain and McIntyre are intelligent enough to have understood the situation and settled for a reasonable sum that reflected their salaries (and I recognise that part of the issue might have been that Bain's salary was in dispute) and length of service. Mr Whyte chose to go down another route (and it does seem somewhat disingenuous of him to accuse the BBC of "muckraking" when he is doing exactly the same thing in regard to Bain and McIntyre). He can hardly complain when they fight back with all the legal muscle they can command.

Even at this stage he would be well advised to instruct Counsel to negotiate an out of court settlement rather than waste the Club's money in an exercise that is guaranteed to do two things: make the lawyers richer and drag the good name of the Club further into the mire.

This is a massive own goal of Cha Du Ri proportions. As the only executive employees on the Independent Board Committee that opposed the bid, Bain and McIntyre were obvious targets, regardless of how they had performed their jobs in the past. Whatever your views on Mr Whyte, once he became the owner, he could hardly be expected to work with or continue to employ two of the key people who opposed the acquisition. The obvious and right thing to have done was to agree a pay off and it seems to me that both Bain and McIntyre are intelligent enough to have understood the situation and settled for a reasonable sum that reflected their salaries (and I recognise that part of the issue might have been that Bain's salary was in dispute) and length of service. Mr Whyte chose to go down another route (and it does seem somewhat disingenuous of him to accuse the BBC of "muckraking" when he is doing exactly the same thing in regard to Bain and McIntyre). He can hardly complain when they fight back with all the legal muscle they can command.

Even at this stage he would be well advised to instruct Counsel to negotiate an out of court settlement rather than waste the Club's money in an exercise that is guaranteed to do two things: make the lawyers richer and drag the good name of the Club further into the mire.

You've expressed what I've been trying to express myself. It doesn't matter what we think of Bain & McIntyre and it doesn't matter what we think about Whyte. What matters is getting club business done quickly, preferably quietly and above all, in a professional manner.

Should have been done in the right way from the start.

He has either been badly advised or doesn't listen.

It looks to me as if Administration has been his goal all along.

I was reading the interview he gave to the Scotsman today and besides a few more words, one reply he gave could easily be paraphrarsed as, 'I'm stuborn'.

For such a super duper successful "billionaire" he seems to have made a few costly mistakes already during his short tenure as custodian.

They ALL do. Donald Trump bankrupted himself twice before becoming a billionaire. I believe that there is a statistic which suggests that more than half of the billionaires in the world have been bankrupt at least once before making their fortune.

They ALL make mistakes, much as WE all make mistakes.

I dont believe for a second that he is a billionaire - if he was then this looming potential tax bill would be no more than an inconvenience.

They ALL do. Donald Trump bankrupted himself twice before becoming a billionaire. I believe that there is a statistic which suggests that more than half of the billionaires in the world have been bankrupt at least once before making their fortune.

They ALL make mistakes, much as WE all make mistakes.

I dont believe for a second that he is a billionaire - if he was then this looming potential tax bill would be no more than an inconvenience.

Agree totally most good businessmen have had bankrupt businesses. And I also don't think CW has Rangers saving money.

Does Ellis still have a part in all of this?