Ian.... time to do the dirty work....

dpjg 11 minutes ago Post #269

Member Avatar

Getting noticed in the reserves

Group:

Members

i too believe that lennon and his staff have brought in some immense talent. i dont know what the problem is. i mean, our midfield SHOULD be phenomenal. forrest, ki, kayal, ledley, wanyama, brown, paddy, we should be able to beat any team in scotland with that and a decent back 4, and i think stokes and hooper are near the top of the SPL too. maybe jelavic is better, but jesus, the rest would make our team... our defense though... why couldnt he have focused on defense.... i dont know. maybe has to go.

White Man 8 minutes ago Post #275

Member Avatar

First-team starter

Group:

Members

Celtic need a new manager, coaching staff, team of players and board.

We stink at every level.

Jessica Fletcher 6 minutes ago Post #276

Member Avatar

Aarrgh

Group:

And like all other match threads where we don't pick up 3 points, the huns start posting.

liger05 5 minutes ago Post #288

Member Avatar

Getting on a bit

Group:

Snr. Member

I think Lennon has to go. The league situation is nothing short of disgraceful.

NeilOMartin 4 minutes ago Post #292

Member Avatar

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

Group:

Members

I am stunned at how bad we have become and how quickly this has happened.

The doomsday scenario of the huns getting 10pts deducted and still winning the league, is fast approaching. This would be a dark day indeed.

I dont understand. They always claim we are crap. Yet they were supposedly brilliant last year playing with a swagger and free flowing football, yet still lost the league last year. I think they were crap last year, crap this year. No great surprises. :D

Joyful.

Is the penny finally dropping in the East End that their problems stem from and extend no further than the Irn Bru toothed wonder alone? If I was their Board thats the kind of judgement I would be making.

I dont understand. They always claim we are crap. Yet they were supposedly brilliant last year playing with a swagger and free flowing football, yet still lost the league last year. I think they were crap last year, crap this year. No great surprises. :D

Don't agree that they were crap last year. They were pretty good, and pushed us extremely close. It was having Smith that gave us the eventual edge. Plus the side hitting primo form after the split.

But this season they're absolutely dire. The difference between both seasons has been night and day.

Joyful.

Is the penny finally dropping in the East End that their problems stem from and extend no further than the Irn Bru toothed wonder alone? If I was their Board thats the kind of judgement I would be making.

They appear to be blaming absolutely everyone connected to the club tbh. And that's terrific - they can't identify what's wrong.

They appear to be blaming absolutely everyone connected to the club tbh. And that's terrific - they can't identify what's wrong.

Indeed. And long may it continue.

And when Lennon goes, you can guarantee it'll be spun as him having been forced out by all of those other reasons and not the fact that he simply a manager with numerous failings in his career so far.

Asgardstreasure 36 minutes ago Post #325

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

Group:

Members

Favourite all-time player

Billy McNeil

MON could come in as a caretaker boss until the end of the season and we'll see where we are come May. It would buy us some time to find a successor whilst having a safe pair of hands at the wheel meantime. If it was clearly understood that it was purely until the end of the season I think MON would do it.

cfc88 27 minutes ago Post #362

Member Avatar

Retired and now a Setanta pundit

Group:

Snr. Member

Henrik Larsson

No fight. No determination. No drive. No fecking creativity. Nothing.

Joe Ledley's started out wide again. Subs left till the 70th minute. No change beforehand other than switching Ki and Ledley about constantly. Leaving Kayal, Ki, Wilson and Hooper all on for 70 minutes at least, when it was clear from 20 minutes in none of them were kicking their own arse. Moving Matthews despite him playing well at right back.

Someone said it a few days ago with Lennon, he does all he can to fit the better players in his team, and forces a lot of them to play positions they cant. Joe Ledley is a centre mid. Adam Matthews is a right back. Ki is a centre mid. Just because moving Scott Brown out wide worked quite well doesnt mean any centre mid can play out wide.

I love Neil Lennon, he would run through a brick wall for Celtic and is Celtic to the core. I'm beginning to seriously doubt whether he can take us forward though. Today was up there with some of the worst Strachan performances in years 3 and 4. 1 clearcut chance all game.

I've been having doubts about McCourt for months, but he is a luxury player now, bring him on when the games won, not when we need a goal. Since his performance at Ibrox, he hasnt kicked a ball for us. He lost the ball almost every time he got the ball today, yet the fans who lambasted every other player barely uttered a word. Not blaming him at all for that today but his times pretty much up, unless he's happy sitting on a bench or in the stand the majority of the time.

I just dont understand what can happen in 3 days that goes from pumping a team with our best performance of the season, to playing against the same team and being utterly inept with probably our worst. More importantly, what the eff happened between last season and this season. Izaguirre and Brown would make a difference, but not enough to suddenly go back to the form of the 3-0 Rangers game or the 2-2, or the 3-0 at Tynecastle.

Extremely worrying and disheartening today, and the only players who werent very poor were Forster and Forrest. And even Forrest didnt do very much, but at least he never stopped trying and came very close for us.

mick405 25 minutes ago Post #365

Member Avatar

...don't hate nothing at all except hatred...

Group:

Snr. Member

Henrik Larsson

FOR SALE:

1 adult season ticket in North Stand Upper, block 405.

Has been in family possession for 15 years.

Great seat in a nice area of the stadium, however view of pitch is tarnished by eyesores of 11 clueless idiots.

Will accept £25 O.N.O

orlandopoolhome 22 minutes ago Post #368

Member Avatar

No longer sitting at the back of the bus

Group:

Snr. Member

Hugh Maxwell

So, all those wake-up calls and kicks up the arse we needed (and got plenty of) still aren't working?

Such a shame, because I love so many things about Neil Lennon, but his talents as a manager aren't among them.

Pollybhoy 17 minutes ago Post #374

Member Avatar

First-team starter

Group:

Members

Kenny Dalglish

Neil Lennon will never be a Celtic manager. Please go now Neil. Not one positive from that game today.

Dannybhoy1888 14 minutes ago Post #380

Member Avatar

Getting on a bit

Group:

Snr. Member

Jinky

A bet on Motherwell for the title could be a good investment.

lenobhoy 15 minutes ago Post #386

Member Avatar

Catch some light and it'll be alright

Group:

Snr. Member

Truly awful performance from a team that looks bereft of confidence and ability. No movement up front and poor performances from too many players. We wont win the league even with the huns going into admin. I don't think we even had a corner in the entire match.

Jungle_G 12 minutes ago Post #401

Member Avatar

Club Captain

Group:

Snr. Member

If we're being honest we chucked away this league in the summer when we failed abysmally to improve a team whose collective defining feature was potential, and, being brutally honest, who choked badly when attempting to cross the line. With that as your starting point - promising as some of our young players are - adding a few SSM signings and banging on endlessly about how shampooe the 3IAR huns were was never in a million years a recipe for progress and after some bad luck on the injury front, we're seeing the inevitable unfold.

Some may find solace in the prospect of having the taxman hand us a title by default, I ain't one.

pedrok 11 minutes ago Post #404

Member Avatar

First name on the team-sheet

Group:

Members

Just so...so fed up with it. There was nothing today that gave me any hope, even the slightest bit of hope, that anything will turn this season around. At the moment we are as near to Aberdeen who are third bottom as we are to Rangers at the top. I am thinking whether we will catch Motherwell for second place never mind win a league, that has gone now, and the clocks have not even went back, depressing stuff.

As for the manager, never have I wanted a man to win a league title than I did for Lennon to win it, but it isn't to be and he should take the honourable decision and walk away with his dignity. Go before his memory is competely tarnished.

Just fed up with it.

steveanderson11 9 minutes ago Post #407

Member Avatar

First name on the team-sheet

Group:

Members

Truly woeful hibs side. 4 halfs of football inside a few days and we can only beat them in one of them. It's time up for Lennon.

herbert viola 9 minutes ago Post #411

Member Avatar

Getting on a bit

Group:

Snr. Member

12 points behind Rangers, 4 points in front of st johnstone in 3rd place. we could be 1 point in front of st johnstone in 4th place next sunday.

topgoalscorers in the league are as follows:

Player Team TOT

1. Naismith Rangers 9

2. Jelavic Rangers 7

3. O'Connor Hibernian 7

4. Daly Dundee Utd 6

5. Heffernan Kilmarnock 6

Yet we all bang on about how we need the defence sorted. Hooper hasnt kicked his arse since February.He had his honeymoon period, and for some reason gets far less abuse than Scott McDonald got, but is not as good a forward. We also gave a new 3 year contract to a dud, and we signed another dud for a reputed 2m. We have one forward at the moment, if he is off his game, we are fecked.

Today we've heard the manager coming out with some statements that sounded like Advocaat when he lost the plot, blaming his players in public, as did Mowbray. I think the end is nigh for Lenny, but we need to disassociate ourselves from Neil Lennon the player, and the man - there have been better celtic men who have left us as manager, because the club is always more important. Thats the harsh fact, ignoring the emotion. If there is an opportunity for Lenny to go to Leicester, he should jump at it, IF as appears the case he cannot turn this around. It will allow him to build the experience he needs, out of the crazy spitlight of celtic park.

We need to get in an experienced manager.

And the CEO needs to take a significant change in his duties, and become a CEO again, and give football management back to football people, if they cannot afford to sack him.

Dannybhoy1888 5 minutes ago Post #425

Member Avatar

Getting on a bit

Group:

Snr. Member

Jinky

huns on their knees, drawing their last breath, are 12 points ahead before October is out.

Back in the days when the big names were being paid by EBTs how far were they ahead of us at this stage?

Says it all.

mmhughes 5 minutes ago Post #428

Member Avatar

Occasional Substitute

Group:

Members

Sorry, this is the game when I finally have to say Lennon has to go. It's annoying because you know some of the bigots will get a kick from it but, at the end of the day, Celtic is the most important thing. There are players there who don't have a clue what system they are playing and have given up themselves. We need to go for an experienced manager now.