Ian.... time to do the dirty work....

I don't think they're going to have as much money as they think!

Their crowds are going down, more than the average of every other club in this econnmic climate.

After this, there may be a very small crowd at porkheid next time round. I don't even expect the guy trying to sell his Season Ticket for £25 will get that.

Big wage bill plus no fans = administration. lol lol lol

Lennon's man management skills strike again. Apparently he wants to name and shame all the players he thinks aren't giving one hundred percent.

It's no wonder these guys aren't playing for him - after he savaged them following the St Johnstone defeat.

How about this one.:D

Celtic applying to join the Dutch league?

Topic Started: Yesterday, 2:21 PM (2,378 Views)

The Orb Yesterday, 2:21 PM Post #1

Member Avatar

Group:

Backroom Staff

Favourite all-time player

Henrik McStay

I wouldn't normally create a thread on the strength of a Twitter rumour but one of the football agents who has been spot on in the past has tweeted today that Celtic are looking to join the Dutch league and that discussions have taken place about the possibility.

http://twitter.com/#!/Agent_ITK/status/130220875692785664

Quote:

Hearing that #Celtic are seriously looking at the possibility of pulling out of the #spl but not to join an Eng lge. Looking at Dutch lge.

What's your thoughts on this? One part of me would like it to happen but the other part is asking why the Dutch league and not a stronger one. No doubt UEFA will blooter the idea into touch though.

I heard a report this morning where Leadley is saying that they must win every game from now til the end of the season.

No-one needs to put pressure on them when they managed to do a world class job of it themselves.

I heard a report this morning where Leadley is saying that they must win every game from now til the end of the season.

No-one needs to put pressure on them when they managed to do a world class job of it themselves.

On the BBC website they quote Ledley saying they cant afford to drop another point and they've added a headline saying they must win 26 games. Sort of the same thing but also sort of twisting it.

History suggests that Ledley is wrong, but not by much....

When you look at where they are this year vs last and us this year vs last.... we have :

2011/12

Rangers : Played 13, 35 points

Celtic : Played 12, 23 points

2010/11

Rangers : Played 13, 34 points

Celtic : Played 12, 30 points

End of season 2010/11

Rangers : Played 38, 93 points

Celtic : Played 38, 92 points

So if they win all 26 of their remaining games they will be on 101 points. If we carry the same results as we did last year, given we are a point ahead at this stage, then we would end up on 94 points (1 ahead as we are currently). This would mean the Tims would win the league by 7 points. However, if we were to win just ONE of the remaining OF games we would end up on 96 points (in the last OF of last season we drew, so only 2 additional points added) whilst they would be on 100 points.

So if we look at the above, and assuming (very big assumption I know) that things play out as they did last year then Celtic would only be able to afford one loss to Rangers plus two other draws. If any of those two draws were to us they would give us an additional point (as we lost the other 2 games) and would have the impact of deducting 2 from Celtic.... so taking them from 100 down to 98 whilst moving us from 96 to 97......

Which ultimately means that if we win one and draw one of the 3 remaining OF fixtures and then continue with the same results as we had last season.... then Celtic are in the position of not being able to afford to drop one single point outside of the OF fixtures.

So whilst Ledley is wrong.... he may not be too far away with what he says....

YES, I KNOW there is a long, long, long way to go and I am only surmising. Slow day at the office....

What I DO find interesting though is that we are actually doing BETTER at this stage this year than we were last year under Walter. There is still a LONG way to go but Ally does seem to be finding his feet rather quickly (despite the European abominations). Nothing is perfect but I also noticed that when we went in at 0-0 the other week against, I think, St Mirren - McCoist changed the formation at HT. Likewise he changed the formation/tactics against the Jam Tarts a bit too. It was as if he set the team out to frustrate Hearts till HT and then look to create our own openings, basically take the stuffing out of them.

In a curious manner, I was at a coaches meeting for the club I coach with and Shaun Goater was informing everyone what formation he goes with for the men's Premier Division team. And he highlighted that in the 1st half of the season he will operate a 4-2-3-1 but in the 2nd half of the season he changes that to a 4-1-4-1. The reason being that he wants to get as many clean sheets as he can in the 1st half of the season, have team's fearful and worried about how they will score against the team, and then in the 2nd half of the season he will change the formation and be more open as team's look to contain them rather than attack them.

I just found it interesting that the philosophy is being managed at the start of the season for the whole season (so long as circumstances permit) and not on a few games at a time.