Naismith confirmed as out for 8-9 months

It's a mini tragedy for Naismith and not good for the Gers, but surely we do have enough cover. Can not McKay play in that role? Even Bodeya hasn't had much of a shot at it, so why were these guys bought in the first place?

Or are they going to go the same way as Kerkar?

It's a mini tragedy for Naismith and not good for the Gers, but surely we do have enough cover. Can not McKay play in that role? Even Bodeya hasn't had much of a shot at it, so why were these guys bought in the first place?

Or are they going to go the same way as Kerkar?

Also Ness,even Bartley.

Of course it's a massive blow to Rangers and Naismith himself,but we have a stronger squad now and these fringe players need to step up to the plate.

A big loss as Naismith has been one of the outstanding players in the country over the last year or so. However, we've coped without him before and we have player to replace him again now. Guys like Bedoya, McKay and Fleck should all be bursting a gut to show they're the man to step in.

Unfortunately, I've more faith, thus more desire to see Mckay step up.

From what I can remember about reports about him when he signed was that he had a 'terrier' like attitude to him, which tells me he's almost the perfect replacement for Naismith.

Unfortunately, I've more faith, thus more desire to see Mckay step up.

From what I can remember about reports about him when he signed was that he had a 'terrier' like attitude to him, which tells me he's almost the perfect replacement for Naismith.

Aye,that would be my first choice replacement. He is more like Davis in the way he plays,although not as good as Davis IMO.

No one can 'replace' Naisy as he's been an integral part of Ally's system this year - from supporting on the right wing to bursting into the box to score a vital goal. He's been the lynchpin this season around which our whole creative system has worked - our most important and effective player.

The test now is to see if Ally can adapt to this loss and alter the system to compensate for it. He's going to have to change how we set out, because Lafferty, as great as he's been for months, has excelled in his proper position as second striker - he couldn't do the Naismith job out wide and up front in the same match. Bedoya has been largely unused since we signed him - but he's the most obvious replacement to go out on the right wing.

The question is what system we'll use and how we'll deploy our attacking players now that Naismith's invaluable contribution is gone. I hope Ally's up to making the right and proper changes - it's his first real test of management. He really now has to 'manage'.