Naismith confirmed as out for 8-9 months

Mon 31 Oct 2011

Looks Bleak For Naisy

0,,5~10144652,00.jpg

RANGERS are girding themselves for bleak news on the Stevie Naismith injury front.

The stricken striker collpased to the Pittodrie turf on Saturday with what appeared to be a major knee problem.

He was seen by a consultant today when scans were taken of the damaged area,

Rangers will get a full prognosis later tonight and a statement is expected in the morning.

However, the signs are that it is a serious problem and the Scotland star will be out of action for considerable time.

The fear is that Naismith has suffered damage to the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and if that is the case he will be unlikely to feature again this season.

Naismith suffered a similar problem in his left knee in 2008 and was out for eight months.

WE WILL UPDATE THS STORY AS SOON AS WE CAN

I was hoping this was a 'bluff' story, and it could still be as the result will not be known for definate until tomorrow.

But if it's on the Rangers site, it looks bad indeed.

Not good at all this. I really feel for him. A real bummer just when he was in the form of his life.

Sounds like we won't see him again this season.

Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and we'll see him back to his best next season.

In the meantime we need someone to fill that type of role. McKay anyone? Bedoya?

Don't think Fleck can cut it.

Failing that we need a different system which plays to the strengths we have.

Not good at all this. I really feel for him. A real bummer just when he was in the form of his life.

Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and we'll see him back to his best next season.

In the meantime we need someone to fill that type of role. McKay anyone? Bedoya?

What a shame for him. Get well soon Naisy you will be missed.

Hopefully as you say one of the other new guy's will step up to the mark. Maybe giving Ortiz a free role in midfield is also a possibility

Maybe time to see if Bendiksen can step up to the plate, always liked the look of this lad when I've seen him play.

If truth be told it took him a FULL 2 YEARS to completely recover from that set back. I fear we wont see the best of him again for a similar length of time.

My exact thought. When the wee man returns he'll take a good half season to a season to regain some sort of form.

:(

Maybe time to see if Bendiksen can step up to the plate, always liked the look of this lad when I've seen him play.

Well there is certainly an opportunity for somebody to set up and stake a claim in the team. Going to miss Naismith in the team, such a joy to watch :(