Naismith confirmed as out for 8-9 months

Losing Naismith is a huge blow for us as he has been one of if not our best performer this term

The players brought in to replace him really have to step up and take the chance presented to them now though

personally I hope to see Matt McKay given an opportunity to stake a claim for a starting place, but if it is to be an Ortiz, Bedoya or even Fleck they have to grasp it

I've just read the news on Sise, here's what STV says about it:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/277548-joe-sise-fails-to-win-rangers-deal/

If he's not good enough for us, at least it shows there will be no panic buying.

If there was anytime to show his worth to the squad, surely Fleck has to show it now!

Can Bartley not play in a forward role?

I've just read the news on Sise, here's what STV says about it:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/277548-joe-sise-fails-to-win-rangers-deal/

If he's not good enough for us, at least it shows there will be no panic buying.

If there was anytime to show his worth to the squad, surely Fleck has to show it now!

Can Bartley not play in a forward role?

I think I read somewhere that Bartley was originally a forward player.

Just noting that Wylde says he can cover for Naismith ... or at least the press puts it in his mouth. Usually, if somesuch happens before a game, said player provides a stinker of a performance (in recent memory, I vividly remember Whittaker ahead of the 2nd Malmö game). Let's hope that this is not the case tomorrow ... and anyways, I'd rather see McKay from the start and Wylde later on, catching United on the counter attack.

My thoughts are also with a combination of McKay and Wylde, who starts and who comes on, I don't know, but possibley McKay will start as Wylde has looked good as a sub in the past.

I do think we need to have a positive reaction to Naismiths injury, just as we had at Pittodrie last week.

Let's show the rest of them why we're 3iar champs.

It's bad to lose our best player,but before his injury I,and many others,thought we had as strong a squad as we have had for a few years now,losing one player regardless of who it is will not lose us the title.There is great unity in our squad and I'm positive they will continue there storming start to the league this season.

God hope that Davis can stay fit for the whole season now. Without Naisy and Davis we may struggle for attacking ideas.

I actually think Ortiz could replace Davis in the middle if Davis is out suspended or injured pete. Hard worker, good passing, likes to attack, so all the right qualities. He wouldn't bottle out of as many tackles as Davis either... Then there's McKay, Ness when he's fit again and Hutton returns from loan in December. Loads of options!

Well..... nothing to stop you now. You are literate, articulate, make pertinent points.... wait, you might just be too good for a Gersnet article :thup:

I'm considering starting a blog. Well, I've started one and am deciding whether or not to take it seriously. If I do make some effort with it, my first piece may well be about Naismith.