All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Were we not looking at signing him permanently ? Or was it a loan deal ?

If it was a loan deal we cant afford then it is an horrific state of financial affairs at Rangers.

Beaten to signings by Hibs..... what has the world come to ?!?!?!

I don't know if we were beaten to a signing, more to do with either we didn't think he was good enough for us (if this is the case then there's no issue here) or b) we couldn't afford him. Option B is depressing!

I don't know if we were beaten to a signing, more to do with either we didn't think he was good enough for us (if this is the case then there's no issue here) or b) we couldn't afford him. Option B is depressing!

Gav, I think it is beaten to a signing (unless we were trying to get a permanent whereas Hibs are looking at a loan deal) because his club coach said that our offer was "absurd" which suggests that we did indeed try to sign him.

Depressing for sure. How low we have become.

Re: Claros - His club reportedly wanted £800k to sell him and said we made a very poor offer. A loan deal was never on the cards by the sounds of things, until now that is because the rumour is about him signing for Hibs on loan. He supposedly played for them in a bounce game today.

I'm not overly fussed about Claros. I was much more intrigued by the Dutch lad Bruins.

All the trialists left Rangers on Friday, no mention of contract offer or potential contract offers.

How many trialists is that we've had and let go?

Maybe they have learned their lesson after losing Brozek to Celtic..... nah, I didnt think so either.

Seems we simply didnt offer Brozek a deal - so not sure that we actually "lost out" to Celtic. He will likely score the winner in the next OF game.... lets just hope it is an OG !

If that's in response to me mentioning Bruins, then aye, I knew they had all left.

Yeah it was. Ally wants to improve the squad so he invites numerous players over for a trial then they all leave with no mention of contract offer (Jaager aside). Do you think they're being brought over to please the fans and get their hopes up without having any intention to sign them?