Rangers star ambushed by his own fans

Don't take this as the gospel obviously, but I've seen a large number of fans on other sites who were at the game saying that Broadfoot's behaviour inside the ground was totally unnacceptable. It sounds like he started getting some serious stick at one point because some fans in the Chadwick seen him laughing when we were losing the game. Broadfoot reacted by giving them abuse back (3rd time he's done that this season) and reportedly he was offereing fans giving him abuse a square go. All this while play continued as well which makes it even worse because other fans will have joined in giving him abuse purely because they wanted him to get on with the game and stop arguing with his own fans.

Broadfoot is a legendary idiot, and his behaviour has often gone unnoticed. There's no excuse for a bunch of our own fans to attack him, per se, but he certainly is not doing himself any favours provoking it.

Broadfoot is a legendary idiot, and his behaviour has often gone unnoticed. There's no excuse for a bunch of our own fans to attack him, per se, but he certainly is not doing himself any favours provoking it.

I think it's being blown slightly out of proportion what happened outside tbh. The car wasn't attacked and neither Broadfoot or his family were attacked. A few fans were up at the car shouting abuse at Broadfoot in the car and that sounds about it really. His dad got out the car and broadfoot got out the car then the cops arrived on scene. No big deal really by the sounds of it. What's more serious (at least in my opinion anyway) is that Broadfoot has yet again not managed to rise above getting some abuse from fans during a match and has resorted to trading gestures and verbal abuse with his own fans, which is not acceptable behaviour for a Rangers player.

Gazza: I wasn't trying to blame the police for what these guys did, just their interpetation of it.

There is a diffirence.

Yeah, I got that. I was just explaining it to you and the other users from a police point of view.

Why were fans still at Rugby Park for so long afterwards anyway? PLayers can take between an hour and 2 hours to get warmed down, washed, changed and get something to eat.

Didn't the fans have something better to do than wait outside the stadium to shout abuse at the players?

Why were fans still at Rugby Park for so long afterwards anyway? PLayers can take between an hour and 2 hours to get warmed down, washed, changed and get something to eat.

Didn't the fans have something better to do than wait outside the stadium to shout abuse at the players?

They could have been at The Howard, a pub just along the road from Rugby Park.

They could have been at The Howard, a pub just along the road from Rugby Park.

I think they were definitely at the pub from what I've been reading. Broadfoot had probably pre-arranged to meet his parents there.