SFA likely to review Sone Aluko penalty award in Rangers win

Should be both. Simulation is simulation no matter where committed.

This panel is swiftly becoming a farce. Good thing though..... O Connor's subsequent rescinding of his ban for diving (when his own asst boss said he dived) sets precedence..... or maybe not.

I'm convinced a Rangers player will be treated differently!

I'm convinced a Rangers player will be treated differently!

Time will tell. There is previous here in that O Connor got a 2 game suspension followed by a rescinding. Will be interesting how Aluko is dealt with along with any subsequent appeals.

Haven't seen a clear video of the incident, but the stop'n go one was showing a penalty given all over the country, some are being debated, other's not. As the Pars' players hardly protested and contact was there ... so be it. Soft as it might have been. That the Pars' boss - being what, 50 yards away? - presents the usual blood-and-thunder talk is nothing new either.

IMHO, if the SFA starts to make a fuss about this, they open a can of worms.

SONE ALUKO feared he was set for the football scrapheap before Rangers stepped in to rescue him from the wilderness.

The winger, who was today awaiting the outcome of an SFA probe into an alleged dive to win a penalty in Saturdayâ??s 2-1 win over Dunfermline, was without a club for six months after parting company with Aberdeen at the end of last season.

And he admits he went through some dark days as he trained on his own. Rangers threw him a lifeline which he appears to have grabbed with both hands and he is determined to relaunch his career with Ally McCoistâ??s men.

â??It was really tough sometimes,â? he said. â??When you train on your own you have to be confident and have some self-belief that things will work out for you. I had to keep a base line of fitness so that if a chance like this came then I was ready to take it.

â??I was lucky because my family supported me all the way through it.

â??But if I am being honest, there were certainly times when I wondered if I did the right thing leaving Aberdeen

â??There were days I was on my own and feared that it might have made the biggest mistake of my career. My family kept encouraging me and that was important.

â??Now that I have been given this chance I am determined to take it.â?

And Aluko has told the Rangers fans they havenâ??t seen anything yet. The Nigerian internationalist took the man-of-the-match award from Saturdayâ??s win over the Pars and has strongly denied he cheated to win a spot-kick.

SFA compliance officer Vince Lunny will review the footage before any decision is taken, although SFA sources say punishment for the winger is unlikely as simulation is very difficult to prove unless clear cut, and the match referee Steve Conroy had a clear view of the incident with Martin Hardie at the time.

Aluko, meanwhile, has insisted that once he is 100% fit and fully integrated into the Ibrox side, there will be more to come from him.

â??I will improve with every game because my playing games with new team-mates you find a bit of harmony with them,â? he said.

â??It is hard at first, but there is more to come from me. It is just a case of taking it day by day and trying my hardest to settle and bring success to the club.â?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sone-aluko-i-thought-i-had-made-huge-mistake-1.1138226

Looks like there is going to be a lot of dissappointed people:thup::grin:

I know it was a soft decision to give the penalty and the Rangers commentry team said so as well, but I was sure from the pictures I was looking at, the defender did touch him and was stupid for doing it. They may want to shout as loud as they can that Aluko cheated, but that's just because they're pissed off they got beat and it was a soft one.

And there's some prick on the radio telling us what Sone was thinking. "I'm going to go down here", with no one NEAR him. When travelling at that speed, the defender was very close.

Maybe this would make things clearer for the SFA:

m_20111204-ekqh-57kb.jpg

The foot contact is the most important aspect of that photo ReadyTeddy, but Aluko didn't go down straight after that foot contact did he?

Guest ReadyTeddy

As far as I know he did. He also had his arm tugged. Maybe he was happy to hit the deck but that's the way of the football world. If you start punishing guys who are actually fouled you're going to be awful busy.

The foot contact is the most important aspect of that photo ReadyTeddy, but Aluko didn't go down straight after that foot contact did he?

People dont always go down at the initial contact, especially if they're trying to keep their feet. Not saying that happened this time, but whether or not the fall immediately is not in the rule book as far as i'm aware.