SFA likely to review Sone Aluko penalty award in Rangers win

Football is a contact sport.

What matters is if he was DELIBERATELY tripped or pulled back or pushed down, mere contact with a hand or arm or foot doesn't make it a foul, otherwise fouls would be would given every ten seconds.

Sorry, don't agree with this. If you accidentally knock someone over in the box when they are just about to score - I'd say that's a penalty. The deliberate part is irrelevant - what is important is that you gained an unfair advantage in a way that is outside the rules, whether deliberate or not. A clumsy late challenge may not be deliberate in the slightest with the player fully intending to get the ball - but it is still a foul.

Football is a contact sport but there are rules about how contact is made - one way that is completely banned is pulling on a player with your hand, be it his body or his shirt.

Sometimes you don't even need to have contact to cause a foul - if you gain an unfair advantage by doing something outside the rules or not in the spirit of the game. Sliding in with a two footed tackle and making a player with the ball to have to jump and fall to the ground to avoid injury is still a bookable offence even if there is no contact and the tackler was fully intending to go for the ball.

Deliberateness and Contact are not required to gain an unfair advantage that needs to be re-addressed.

He will need to get shot stabbed twice then hung from the crossbar to get a pen against them Thanks to the usual suspects he's been tagged a diver they tagged Naisy with it and he got nothing before he was injured. It amazes me that Septic had half a team of divers but nothing was ever mentioned.

Aye, and if you hear them when they come on the radio talking about Aluko using every platitude under the sun. "Diver", "Cheater", "Disgusting", and many more, you'd think this sort of thing had jsut been invented, yet wasn't it Andy Walker that would sit on TV and in any paper article saying that he would go down at any opportunity.

Changed days it would seem. But it's not changed days at all, it's the same old pish put in a different way.

RANGERS and the SFA were today on a collision course after winger Sone Aluko was cited by compliance officer Vincent Lunny for an act of ‘simulation’.

The Nigerian has been offered a fixed penalty two-game suspension after Lunny reviewed TV footage of the first-half penalty awarded to Rangers by referee Steve Conroy when Aluko tumbled in the box after a coming together with Dunfermline’s Martin Hardie in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Ibrox.

Aluko has been cited for a breach of Rule 202 which states that ‘no player shall cause a match official to make an incorrect decision and/or support an error of judgement on the part of a match official by an act of simulation’.

Rangers have until 3pm tomorrow to respond – but sources at Ibrox indicated today that they will not accept the automatic ban being offered and will take the matter to a judicial panel tribunal, which will be heard on Thursday afternoon. That three-man tribunal, which will be made up of a former referee, player and manager selected from 100 individuals on the SFA’s agreed list, will then decide whether Aluko dived to try and con the referee, or whether it was a legitimate spot-kick award.

If Aluko’s appeal fails, he will be banned for the trip to Hibs this weekend, and the home match against Inverness Caley at Ibrox on December 17.

The player strongly denied he had taken a dive in an after-match press conference on Saturday, stating that he felt contact from Hardie that was enough to send him over as he ran at full speed into the box.

TV pictures showed minimal contact, and it now remains to be seen if the tribunal will favour the SFA, or Aluko’s interpretation of what went on.

A suspension for the former Aberdeen man would be a huge blow for McCoist as the recent signing has brought much-needed creativty to the Rangers side in the two games he has played since agreeing a six-month contract, with an option for a further two seasons.

In September, Gers’ Steven Naismith was cited by Lunny after he was caught on TV elbowing Dunfermline’s Austin McCann off the ball at a corner.

The club accepted the two-game ban offered on that occasion.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/-1.1138428

This should be interesting to watch O'Connor got off with it on appeal and he did take a dive so is it one rule for us and another for the rest.

Also could someone explain who a yellow card offence at the time suddenly becomes a 2 game ban for conning the ref, if that's the case all yellow cards for simulation should now become a straight red followed by a 2 game ban. If that's the case why wasn't the Greek tranny given a 2 game ban for conning the ref that he had been poleaxed at ICT when the guy hardly touched him.

I know there's a lot of glib stuff about how he "obviously" dived - but even though I haven't yet seen it and he may be guilty, a lot of people talk like they've never played a football match in their life or even run at top speed where it only takes the slightest nudge to send you off your feet. It's a bit like the old woman who complained she saw a footballer spit once which proved she'd never done a decent bit of exercise in her life... The thing that gets me is that many pundits have played the game then talk like they've never experienced anything like a completive sporting occasion. I've seen players go down in agony for the slightest contact and been slagged off for being a pussy when I KNOW how much a simple sclaff on the shin can hurt - only for a couple of minutes and then it's fine - but ironically the player then gets slagged off for recovering too quickly...

I'm not even endowed with any football gift, but having played the game at the lowest levels, I can't comprehend the crap some people come out with, which sounds like the nearest thing they have come to the sport is a bit of a bitchy knitting contest.

Run as fast as you can and let someone give you a tug and see how long you stay on your feet, I'll bet I could knock you over with the slightest of nudges. Is it a penalty - that's for the referee to decide at the time. The biggest trouble we have is that so called professional footballers sometimes fall down just because they "feel something" and that is condoned by the same commentators and fans who call them "clever" - except when it's a Rangers player.

Some players are killing the game - some big name players who people actually look up to and respect for some strange reason - the question is: is Aluko one of them?

Like I said, I haven't even seen it, but in the context of what's been happening, I reckon there's a lot of real shit going on here...

Hibs appealed O'Connors' two match ban for diving! and the appeal was upheld. I haven't seen the O'Connor incident but there was contact on Aluko so if Rangers appeal then their appeal will be held up no?

Also could someone explain who a yellow card offence at the time suddenly becomes a 2 game ban for conning the ref, if that's the case all yellow cards for simulation should now become a straight red followed by a 2 game ban.

I asked the same question at the O'Connor incident and nobody was able to explain why. I still can't figure out how a yellow card offence if seen by a ref during a game results in a 2 match ban if missed by the ref and caught on TV.

I asked the same question at the O'Connor incident and nobody was able to explain why. I still can't figure out how a yellow card offence if seen by a ref during a game results in a 2 match ban if missed by the ref and caught on TV.

This is the rule.

,Under the Scottish FA's new Judicial Panel Protocol, a player can be suspended for two games if they are found to "cause a match official to make an incorrect decision and/or support an error of judgement on the part of a match official by an act of simulation." The two-game punishment is the maximum penalty available.'

I would have thought according to this, Samaras would have been cited after the ICT game.