SFA likely to review Sone Aluko penalty award in Rangers win

Still don't think he intentionally dived. I believe him when he says he felt a tug and down he went, every player on the field does it including defenders. Just watch when a defender is getting chased into the corner he slows up waits for the forward to gently touch his back and down he goes so does he get a 2 game ban for conning the ref to gain an advantage.

Still don't think he intentionally dived. I believe him when he says he felt a tug and down he went, every player on the field does it including defenders. Just watch when a defender is getting chased into the corner he slows up waits for the forward to gently touch his back and down he goes so does he get a 2 game ban for conning the ref to gain an advantage.

The ref saw the Dunfermline player take hold of Alukos' arm,regardless of it was enough to make him go down,and that is illegal in the rules of the game and subsequently awarded a penalty. Aluko,or any other Rangers players,never claimed for a penalty,the ref gave it as soon as he saw the hand on Aluko.

Oh be quiet both of you. He's being made a scapegoat and the attention it's receiving is completely outrageous, unfair and close to a lynchmob.

But it WAS A DIVE! Stop pretending it wasn't just because he's a Rangers player.

I have no complaint if he gets punished for it, but my problem is others aren't being.

The guy made the most of any slight touch he received. Happens in every game, every weekend so it will be interesting to see how they intend policing similar incidents in the future.

While there certainly appeared to be contact, if it happened against us I'd be fuming. But, then again, I didn't have the view of the referee.

Oh be quiet both of you. He's being made a scapegoat and the attention it's receiving is completely outrageous, unfair and close to a lynchmob.

But it WAS A DIVE! Stop pretending it wasn't just because he's a Rangers player.

I have no complaint if he gets punished for it, but my problem is others aren't being.

Just because you think it was a dive doesn't make you right. He went down easy who doesn't but the overreaction is unreal as usual because it's a Rangers player. From one angle I can see slight contact even if you can't that for me is enough for him to go down as he was going at speed in the penatly box. He should get no more than a yellow card if the panel think it was a dive like you do, the rules are pish. The ref should then get pulled up as well. It's all about opinions :)

I've just seen the highlights program last night and I have to say that it was a bit of a 'dive'. He was being harrased and hands were laid upon him, but not enough to put him down.

On the other hand, most of the comments about this are well OTT, which is more of a sign of the hatred Rangers have to endure. But it's OK, because it's not sectarian, apparently!!!

No, the ban is for 2 games and cannot be increased if the appeal is lost.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/285394-explained-how-the-scottish-fa-punish-diving/?

Thanks for clarifying but it makes you wonder why anyone would accept the 2 game ban unless there is a fee for the Tribunal to hear the case or you have to pay the expenses if you lose?

Just because you think it was a dive doesn't make you right. He went down easy

You mean he dived.

who doesn't but the overreaction is unreal as usual because it's a Rangers player. From one angle I can see slight contact even if you can't that for me is enough for him to go down as he was going at speed in the penatly box. He should get no more than a yellow card if the panel think it was a dive like you do, the rules are pish. The ref should then get pulled up as well. It's all about opinions :)

You're defending him because he plays for us.

I simply couldn't believe the ref gave the pen, was sure Aluko was getting a yellow.

If there was a dislike button, this post would have got it mister :P

The guy made the most of any slight touch he received. Happens in every game, every weekend so it will be interesting to see how they intend policing similar incidents in the future.

While there certainly appeared to be contact, if it happened against us I'd be fuming. But, then again, I didn't have the view of the referee.

The contact was utterly minimal if indeed there was any. The ref got it completely wrong, and I'm disappointed some are defending Aluko. But like you say there has to be parity with similar incidents. Which there doesn't appear to be at present.